mtbr member

Gravity Dropper: 2 position or 3 position?

Homers,

I ordered a 3 position, but received the 2 position Gravity Dropper.

I can return the 2 position for the 3 position...but the 3 position is out of stock, and the shop says there's no telling when they will get them in.

My question is, do you all frequently use the 1" drop? Do you think it would be foolish to keep the 2 position? After all, what's a wait of a few weeks after riding a fixed post for 10 years?!!

Lay off the Levers
    I use the -1" drop position ~100x more than the 4" drop. It's worth the wait. Maybe if you're handy, you can ask the folks at GD about doing your own mod which pretty much entails drilling a hole. I think someone here already has.
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

Bodhisattva
    I'm with Zilla.
    I use the 1" drop far more than the 4" drop. In fact, if I had to reorder I'd get a 3" multiposition instead of the 4" multi.
    Life....the original terminal illness

The Ancient One
    I hardly ever use the 1" drop while under way. I use it mainly for mounting the bike more easily and getting started in tricky situations. I could get along fine with just the 4" drop, but the extra position is a little nicer.
    "Don't criticize what you can't understand."

mtbr member
    Thanks guys, off she (2 position) goes to the shop from whence she came.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by The Squeaky Wheel
    I'm with Zilla.
    I use the 1" drop far more than the 4" drop. In fact, if I had to reorder I'd get a 3" multiposition instead of the 4" multi.
    I'm with Zilla and Squeak. I use the 1" drop more than the full down (3" drop in this case) position. Don't settle.

It sounds like you're ordering through a bike shop. Call GD direct and I'll bet you can get exactly what you need. You'll kick yourself if you settle.