trail fairy

Got some air and moved some DIRT

Well not much air ya can see I still can't get my head back, though am hitting this section quite fast and sucking up the ramp to keep her low, we got some nice runs in today and felt super more confident on the DHR now railing the corners and berms and felt today I was actually in control.

Not a true DH track its very AM, not much traffic really but I love it its a blast to ride, another DH looney has been long time injured 4-5months I think he did his collarbone did and warm up run with me, and followed me and the big German down we got to our new section stopped and our AM buddy said crap you guys left me for dead and then specifically said to me I thought you weren't much of a rider, this was his first run with me eva, since Ive known him Ive been injured, but he never rated me apparently E speculation again love it LOL.

Was stoked to see he got blown off by too guys he was on a DWL MK 111 Pike Am setup haha, me still broken and unfit on an AM trail by DH bikes, was good to catch up with him actually, be good when hes back on his Sunday but also stoked to hear him say that as he has no excuses wither, I;m not as fit as he is and still long way behind.

I did dig back and said my DHR is no show pony bro Now wait to I'm fit and have some mobility again.

We got some build done on a new exit which is real DH some oldschool tech steep stuff, Maxxis loves it there chasing fantails [Kiwi native birds, he dosen't hurt them he just runs around like a loopy after em]

So some build piccs we still got a lot of work to do on the step up, maybe some trannies though want it as natural as possible but first jump drop really needs one, second is off camber the exit line is key and Big J nailed it sweet after I pointed it out to him and he hauled into his sweet little berm he made, no tranny needed last week he did jump into the hole low down right side exit of the ramp, and stacked it, pain for wrong lines reward for riding the good ones, way it should be no nancy stuff here..
    Best line is center or high left yeahaaaaaa.

Great day great coy and dig and then ride, I did flat my front tire though bummed about that, did run back to car and got another was too good to pass up, never flatted this tire tube combo before so got me guess it happens sooner or later

Piccs of the new extension we building massive amounts of dirt used to build this biggie by hand, its a fast flat DH style jump into an off heavily off camber landing which pumps you full speed into our wee berm for exit into a narly dipper back up and out to a step up then down straight down old school tech to the bottom of the valley.

DHR some tools and lots of dirt, nice B line n the downside for nancies like me to the right of the Punga tree, like a fern tree but a native to NZ.

Big Jules his Glory our first we drop and Maxxis snooping for food and water always looking after his tummy

Big J carved this we berm out and drops in at full speed drift and roosting to help shape her in, works a treat he didn't believe me he;d get good speed off the landing without a tranny hes flying into the berm no probs and having to hit the brakes if anything, just need him to go moto style and rail that thing.

Front side of the bigger jump drop, Maxxis and J posing

Steep dipper into a step up on the other side this part is gonna rock when shes done

Maxxis doing his thing and showing some scale of the decline

Maxxis has his stick and showing his climbing skillz

View from the top

enjoy, dry as a bone here at mo and where well into Autumn!
    Last edited by trailadvent; 04-04-2010 at 03:06 PM.
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

trail fairy
    Moar

Big J testing out the top section, this needs a wee tranny after removing a massive stump that went about 4ft into the ground the landing zone went from a nice decline to a flat dip.

We will have a nice tranny for next time, plan already in motion!

J launching the biggie light was fading by this stage not the best but still, great to have a test guniea pig lol I'm not up for that yet, even with 8inches I still feel the harder hits.

Speedy shot of me, now this is fast, lol yeah right, some messed up focus more like it haha

Me checking out the wee gapper its not big just a high speed suck it up style of jump, this trail is more about flow than hucks, its tight and lots of pedaling corners etc, great fun and good place for me to build up dial in the DHR which is coming along nicely each run I find I'm more an dm ore confident getting a feel for her.

Its a nice fast run in to the this section too another gapper follows into a sweet rutted berm exit after this one!

Till next time wheels right side up and let her rip like shes ya last run eva!
    Last edited by trailadvent; 04-04-2010 at 03:50 PM.

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

mtbr member
    holy crap ever heard of english class? Haha j/k but that was one hard read there buck-o!

Sweet trails though they look prime and promising
    Last edited by FlyingIrish; 04-04-2010 at 07:56 PM.
    Ride it like you won't get another chance.

NOT Team Sanchez
    Awesome TA, stoked to see ya riding and diggin'!!!
    I like bikes.

mtbr member
    Awesome to see you back on the DH bike TA! Keep it up!
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

gnuH
    Nice work TA. What/where trail is that? Won't be dry anymore - it has been pissing down up here for the last hour.

p.s me and a mate hit Puni on Friday and had a blast. BMX nationals were on also.
    A green bird with a red body. We could look it up in a book. Or we could look up

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingIrish
    holy crap ever heard of english class? Haha j/k but that was one hard read there buck-o!

Sweet trails though they look prime and promising
    Haha yeah once you've suffered a blow to the head as hard as mine that re-arranges ya whole spine bro you'd understand, no one understands me now! I was bad before but that was more by choice, always rushing not pre reading, now time is not so much an issue and even though I use word to write in first and theo and sau spell check it still comes out wrong lol thats just the new TA so not much I can do, riding is probably the same I'll just take it anyway I can get it now.

Cheers though they are sweet trails, be good to get that spanking hot DHR of yours out there, I need a head cam, one day that would be good.

Chur

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by wasea04
    Awesome TA, stoked to see ya riding and diggin'!!!
    cheers wasea, tis good for sure, hows the team Snachez going been very quite this year?

Thanx Chizzwhip not your std or flyingirishman ways to go, I'm just a ham and egger now but I get smile on face after each run, especailly when stay upright and the guy behind me goes down must have made him crash the big fella has been claimed 3 times on that trail, one off the big drop and twice on the corners following me, must be a scary sight lol

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwirider
    Nice work TA. What/where trail is that? Won't be dry anymore - it has been pissing down up here for the last hour.

p.s me and a mate hit Puni on Friday and had a blast. BMX nationals were on also.
    Cheers bud must get ya up there sometime and see ya new whip, and congrats on trading up to Homer dome that whip will lover it in there,

Thats the "Stoka" it runs down along the road from the top of Patterson's rd, not much Am traffic down there, the track has B lines all the way and believe me it tends to stay pretty dry, maybe more so now as so much foliage on the ground to soak up the water, pretty good run off and not bad work done for drainage, Ive done allot of cut back work and clean up dead fall hanging gin the trees which has really opened it up with out dumbing down the trail no pungy sticks sticking out at the base of trees to spear anyone anymore.

Once I get the new sectioned exit finished off [its more nar based, idea is not to have the same type of run as the main run, I don;t get why everyone out our way want to build every trail the same, so its tougher by design for bigger bikes, but there will be B lines for the curious but the jumps not really too good for the Spot not intended to be the main line is fine all the way down for that so you will love it and be able to rally fly down there.

Have lots more maintenance work I'd like to do over winter instead of building new once Ive finished here so much needs work as too many good trails out there overgrown and not in use.

Another good trail up there more Huck than AM though the way the flow is you;'d wonder, though I love it as does big J is Oven Mitt needs some work too but nice gaps jumps and step ups much bigger than Stoka but safe enough great run!

Personally I been wishing for rain, I run a Swampthing up front anyway even in dry to get under the fallen leaves and pine needles so wet dosen't bother me and ya Spot will love it welcome to bushings bro, just keep em greased they eat up Riverhead

PM me sometime if ya keen for a look around I usually go up early on Sundays, also go to www.wcrc.co.nz and download a ma if ya haven't already.

Awesome ya went to Puni, the Spot must have loved it there, dam I missed the BMX I thought it might have been on this weekend but couldn;t remember arghh dam dam dam

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

mtbr member
    Good stuff TA. Happy Trails.

Commit or eat sh!t

trail fairy
    Thanx cable guy Dibs shes all good

Man we got a power of track clearing and some more features added today, am blown away puka ered.

Gonna be sore this week, got a couple of runs in unfortunately we/I left the camera @ the car duh.

KR the trails are dry as a bone or atleast this one is, shes cleared top to bottom now and super fast since we buffed it top to bottom as well with rakes, no carpet ride now shes hard fast and dry the new section is looking fantastic too after the weeks rain helped bed in the extra work we did last week.

we got a new gap and tranny added into the top jump so no flat landing now but need to go hard to clear the gap, as the start off the mainline trail is a little tough, get the line entry right though and full reward get it wrong and don't commit shes over red rover, shes a serious extension this baby.

Now we working on the step up and ending whoich we cleard and buffed up as well, just needs some more dirt filled in and uphill landing finished off and its time to haul ass. Get some ore piccs next weeks effort gotta love trail building and good karma it gives back

The head is as good as Ive ever seen it yeahaaaaaaaaaaaa roll on next week.

as anside i was not convinced of my stem and setup got to try a Straitline shory DM stem WOW now my bike fits like a glove Im more cenetered and even pedalling is way better and I thought i needed slightly longer cockpit Duh angls angles angles not Eff TTs spins ya wrong every time, gonna mount up some flat bars though 777s booyaaa

Stoked

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Large member
    Quote Originally Posted by trailadvent
    ....no one understands me now! I was bad before....
    Can't say I've noticed any difference....if anything you make more sense now

Nice shots and nice riding chap - when are you really going to put bike and neck to the test and hit some gnarly canal paths?

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidybeard
    Can't say I've noticed any difference....if anything you make more sense now

Nice shots and nice riding chap - when are you really going to put bike and neck to the test and hit some gnarly canal paths?
    Haha

Lest you always get me dude love it, glad someone sees it as an improvement

ahh working on it when we have this section finish I will be getting so good distance and gaps, not quite canal stuff that you perform I may be able to jump over 5 - 10 sheep in one go give or take a few, not yet up to Travis Pastrana back flips though.

I did fully bottom out my Boxxer today on the first drop jump above that's was pretty flat huck till we built up a tranny and dug a big gap hole to fill the landing zone so i survived that so was pretty stoked.

My riding bud didn;t have his bike today so we didn't get much ride time but I'm loosening up every ride and sticking my corners now which I'm really stoked about when my cornering comes back everything else follows.

We need to see some Tidy threads of the RFX stoke canal work buddy

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

trail fairy
    Buds been up doing some smuggle work with out me probably got moar work done without me, not much to see but he's buffed the whole trail, the pine needles and dead foliage was like inches thick so lots of drag and drift and shes very dry, now hes raked by hand top to bottom, way faster moar grip fantastic effort, can't wait to feel the need the need for speed roll on Sunna's...

his wurds
    finished that top section today! All clear now! All the pineneadles are gone! Guys you should realy check out that trail! It is reborn from top to bottom! I will propably be ther on thursday (if my bike is repaired) to run in the new section.

Last edited by trailadvent; 04-12-2010 at 08:04 AM.

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

trail fairy
    So hit the dirt again got some more air time and had my first big stack [not from gaping but dropping] We nailed a few runs on a fairly good huck trail called the Oven Mitt overall fast and fun some decent gaps and drops.

Jules I hit our straps on a wee warm up, he stack a landing on a big gapper, not checking out the run out first things were a little tacky today so while bar spinning his air moves it went wrong on landing I cam down to hit it and had enough time to bail out when I saw him backwards lying on the ground wrapped around a tree, a broken watch and we were all good.

Next time it was who went tdown in a totally different section, after a little grinding uphill section there's a real nice flowy hip off a rock into a triple drop section bermned at the top and off camber back across the B line into another berm run out then into another hip jump.

Maxxis was on point, man he hauls arse anyways I followed J off the rock hip we both nailed it pretty fast I got a little srcub going I saw Maixxs had to the left ahead opposite the berm I was coming full steam onto all the while dropping downhill for some reason seeing him out of the corner of my eye I think distracted me and as I can't look too fat ahead the berm was on me before I could gather my composure, I apexed it and over shot the drop down onto the second one sideways sorta of slide out scrub like out of control and bearing down on a tree I thought oh **** I'm gonna find out how my FF and Leatt go, somehow I didn't panic and stayed with the bike till the last moment and dropped her moto style into the ground avoiding the tress and testing the limits of my elbow and TLD bones.

My let arm didn't come off so well nice big scratch and covered in dirt the Bones took the brunt well so good to know they do there job, my neck and back was a bit stiff afterward's and my confidence was a little dented, so I went back up and re did the last drop onto the berm hit the hip gap jump and promptly did the same thing must have stiffened up and crashed on landing again missing another tree but less of a crash this time, thought I wouldn't try my luck again i this trail again and headed down the rest pretty slowly caught up with J dirt all down one side, lol.

Then we headed back off to our trail extension we've been working on, did a few runs we both nailed out new gap jump here's some shots of that, ya can see our new tranny, it has a tricky chicane about 20m back so ya got to hammer the run in and commit first time I tapped the back wheel but never looked like coming up short next time nailed it perfectly landing about a good metre past.

View from the new near finished gap jump

Some front on picture action

J in technocolor

Me rolling in

Me committed on the final run sweet run out, coming later

Yeahaaa can't wait till next time!

O a side note I had some sus issues and my dam DHXc is dropping air in the BV it dropped by 20PSI since last weeks ride ad it does affect the ride I knew something didn]t feel quite right, I usually check every ride, it unbalances the bike especially at speed upsets my fork and may have been part of my crash probs i did adj ait and rhe bike came back to life which was why I got confidenc back to hit the last few gappes on our new extension.

DHXc is really startigto make me feel uncomfortable i its consistency and performance if this carries on I may need to send it back umm see how it goes!

Or a new shock Vivid and CCDB don't use boost pressure be nice but not really in budget right now

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs