mtbr member
    May 2004

Got my first dings and scrathes on my Spot

Ahhh, so what eh! Maybe my wanting for an RFX and this are somewhat related :0,
    although I wanted an RFX from the beginning.

Ahh, well, I guess it's like that first scratches or little dent in a new car; you're bummed at first, then you dont' care.

I am a really weird freak when it comes to my bikes tho - super picky. I don't like any dings and only tolerate minor scratches in my bikes. Crazy I know, not sure why I'm like that, but esp. this expensive frame. And ironically it hit the rocks right were there is no frame protection tape.

&*&&^^*(**(###00 !!! Shimano pedals wouldn't let me clip in on one side and I think tha't's why I stuffed the front wheel on a flat rocky section and went OTB...

No pics of the damaged being, sorry
    Sound of Tires on Dirt - Sole Music; shared with friends - Soul Music.

... I guess you won't be
    once you break the seal......no worries now, eh?
    Yes, we do indeed rock...http://www.myspace.com/spokedrunkies

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Well that's true. I guess it really is just a piece of hardware that does a job (the job of very important play that is!). But the resale value of it just dropped because of the dings, oh well

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    the good news is ya know someone who will trade it in for a new frame, you lucky guy you! gotta love those old industry contacts.

1st rule of new bikes: take it outside, lift it over yer head and throw it on the ground. at least ya bugger it up on yer own terms.
    Last edited by cactuscorn; 11-21-2006 at 10:24 AM.
    No, I'm NOT back!

Just roll it......
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrdr98
    Ahh, well, I guess it's like that first scratches or little dent in a new car; you're bummed at first, then you dont' care.
    Exactly!

Got my new bike together a couple weeks ago and took it for a test spin around the neighborhood while I was dialing in the suspension a bit and making other tweaks. Riding a curb and tumbled off it and put a nice gouge into the lower on my 36. Initially, I was telling myself what an idiot I was, but then I realized it would've happened soon enough so I just got it out of the way.

Now, you can focus more on riding the bike than trying to keep it pretty. While I certainly don't try to scratch/dent my bikes, it's inevitable so when it happens the first time, I don't feel nearly as compelled about keeping it constantly upright at that point. The 5 Spot just begs to be ridden hard and put away wet......doting on one just makes it seem more like an EW than a Turner, eh?

EBX

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Words of wisdom. And, yeah EW's do seem a bit on the fragile side compared to Turners!

it's the ride....
    May 2004

I can feel you.. My 5Spot got first ding 2 weeks ago, I would not feel that bad if it comes from a ride, it was when I finished installing the Push rockers when I left my bike unsecured and fell off hit a metal door on the top tube. I felt so bummed..
    The new rockers rides help me healing fast though.. ..