1 bike to ride them all

Good News for Turner Owners

I've seen it implied several times on this forum and talked with folks about it at the local bike shops in my area: Turner owners and prospective customers alike have expressed concerns about the health and longevity of Turner Bikes as a result of the pivot change and related issues.

Well, so much for all the concerns: Talking with DT this past Friday, it turns out that despite all setbacks Turner's 1st Quarter has surpassed last years!

I know a certain "bike manufacturer" (who shall remain nameless) who can put that in his pipe and SMOKE IT!

Turner is healthy indeed. So if you know anyone who was unsure about buying a Turner (cause they weren't sure if the brand would be around than much longer) let them know that Turner the company, just like the bikes they make continues to roll over ALL the obstacles in it's path!

Cheers,
    DC
    Beloved Turner Sixpack / RFX owner and devotee.

VooDoo user.
    Good to hear.

Knollician
    I contributed to those numbers
    "Three balls at once...who knew?" - Cotton McKnight

"El Whatever"
    Why would it be otherwise?

Turners are terrific bikes.
    Check my Site

Custom User Title
    I was just wondering the other day how sales compared to last year. That's nice to hear.

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by CANADIANBACON
    Well, so much for all the concerns: Talking with DT this past Friday, it turns out that despite all setbacks Turner's 1st Quarter has surpassed last years!

…I know a certain "bike manufacturer" (who shall remain nameless) who can put that in his pipe and SMOKE IT!
    Very cool....

...but why is there this competition with that other bike company still? Do you think Dave Turner shares this apparent resentment? If so, does he share it via second parties like yourself?

I enjoy riding my Turner (28 miles tonight actually) and riding my bike from that other "bike manufacturer." They are bikes, not magic carpets...although they feel like it sometimes when our rides become magical.

But when i read both forums, I tire of this constant tone of "the other guy sucks" If anything, the other forum has less BS than the turner forum these days. Really odd, but that is what it seems from lidarman's view.

I remember when the Turner forum was flush with ride pix, mods, and more passion than "passion." Now I feel it's poisoned with posts like this-- a "yay us post" Not really passionate, but competitive. Turners speak for themselves. You don't need to constantly reassure yourself you made a good choice.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lidarman
    You don't need to constantly reassure yourself you made a good choice.
    Yes: for me feeling self-confidence doesnot imply the need for permanently iterating over this topic.

Lidarman I just visited your HP and liked the telescope fotos. I work with data collected by those sensors

mtbr member
    Turners speak for themselves. You don't need to constantly reassure yourself you made a good choice.
    You're right. A ride will do that trick much better than any post.

I think the point here is that Turner went out on a limb with their new design, a move which according to some was a step backwards and heraled imminent doom for the brand. Naturally we're glad to hear that the company is doing well, and is in fact doing better than ever.

But yes, some of us may also take take a bit of pleasure in how this chain of events (which most likely would not have occurred without TE) have only served to strengthen the Turner brand (surely not his intended consequence). Sorry if that offends you; as has been said before, it's nothing personal against E riders.
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have.

banned
    Very cool....

...but why is there this competition with that other bike company still? Do you think Dave Turner shares this apparent resentment? If so, does he share it via second parties like yourself?

I enjoy riding my Turner (28 miles tonight actually) and riding my bike from that other "bike manufacturer." They are bikes, not magic carpets...although they feel like it sometimes when our rides become magical.

But when i read both forums, I tire of this constant tone of "the other guy sucks" If anything, the other forum has less BS than the turner forum these days. Really odd, but that is what it seems from lidarman's view.

I remember when the Turner forum was flush with ride pix, mods, and more passion than "passion." Now I feel it's poisoned with posts like this-- a "yay us post" Not really passionate, but competitive. Turners speak for themselves. You don't need to constantly reassure yourself you made a good choice.

If there's any "this guy sucks", it comes from EW. There have been several posts Jayem caught where two EW employees were using comparative advertising that wasn't accurate (look up "stamped rockers" and "manipulated tubing"). Additionally, the UK distributor started telling lies on another board falsely stating Turner was the one making the negative EW posts, which was not the case. This is where EW had the ip's checked out and Turner was clear, but the lies continued...

VooDoo user.
    I gotta chime in.

Why is all the hate toward Tony E?

Don't forget about Specialized. If your gonna hate please distribute it evenly.

Thank you for your support.

banned
    whomever was "concerned" is a smallminded, insecure fool.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by moment
    Why is all the hate toward Tony E?

Don't forget about Specialized. If your gonna hate please distribute it evenly.
    Of course I do not appreciate Specialized making Turner license his own design any more than I do E. But in case you missed it, Specialized's licensing agreement with Turner was apparently reasonable enough to last for several years. E's, not even one.

Couple that with DT & Casey's statements regarding the matter, and the reputation of each company involved, and it's pretty easy for me to conclude that E was making life very difficult for Turner. Sure, maybe with their ICT patent they had the right to, but that doesn't make it right in my book.

Thankfully that is all behind us now, and the important thing is that Turner is still kicking, and making kick @$$ bikes. I don't wish any ill will on E (any thing that is bad for them is bad for those who ride their bikes, just like anything that is good for Turner is good for those on Turners), other than to see Turner continue to succeed in spite of E's actions.
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Clap clap

Nicely said Mr Miles.

DT

\|/Home of the Braves\|/
    Let's just leave it as: Glad you're doing fine DT.
    Big hoopy.
    Turner Sultan / On One Inbred

sock puppet

clap, clap....

very well said Mr. lidarman... very well...

Very cool....