\|/Home of the Braves\|/

Good fun down South!

I rode Chicopee Woods north of Atlanta today in some awesome weather with a bunch o guys. Forum folks mudpie, D-Rock, and LoneStar were there. D-Rock was kind enough to loan me his Burner while I'm down a Turner. We rode at a fun pace and enjoyed a great trail. There's lots of swoopy singletrack, plenty of roots, and some tricky switchbacks.

Gearing up for the ride. My pedals get on the Burner and we saddle up.

Dead beaver alert. Trust me, the black bar is worth it. A couple guys bunny hopped over the beaver

mupie on his Pack. He paid a little for the weight but got to have some fun on the downhills. Did I mention those switchbacks?

Ventana content: LoneStar and D-Rock attack the switchbacks.

Here is Chris on D-Rock's Burner. Now he knows what he's been missing!

Me on D-Rock's Burner

Chillin on the trail

Here's hoping your day was as good as ours!
    Big hoopy.
    Turner Sultan / On One Inbred

mtbr member
    Thanks for the pics, it was good to get back on the bike. It was a perfect day for riding...

thanks for covering up your beaver...

\|/Home of the Braves\|/
    Quote Originally Posted by mudpie
    thanks for covering up your beaver...
    It was a source of fun alllllll day! C'mon folks, just think how many jokes you can make on a group ride when you find something like that 15 minutes from the trailhead
    Big hoopy.

Shot Down in Flames...
    Chicopee was a straight blast yesterday. Tons of fun.

Glad you didn't have to ride a Prophet or Rush yesterday! It was good to have the Burner & El Salt out on the same day. Jake & Elwood rarely get to play together!

LoneStar must have been worried about meeting the same fate as the beaver with that yellow jersey!!

mudpie looks like an Elvis impersonator on the switch back shot!

Tell Chris if he likes the Burner so much, dead presidents talk!

D.
    Last edited by D-Rock; 03-05-2006 at 07:56 PM. Reason: a case of cactuscorn spellin

rr
    I don't do PC
    Cool pics, where's your Burner RR?

\|/Home of the Braves\|/
    Quote Originally Posted by rroeder
    Cool pics, where's your Burner RR?
    Dead. Broken seat tube JRA somehow.
    Long live the Spot - pictures later this week!
    Big hoopy.

rr
    I don't do PC
    That sucks, sounds like your happy about the Spot though. Thats a little concerning, first I heard of the Burner breaking there, what did Turner say?

t66
    mtbr member
    Looked like fun. I take Chico for granted being I ride it 2-3x a week, me and a few friends are lucky to work close by.

\|/Home of the Braves\|/
    Quote Originally Posted by rroeder
    That sucks, sounds like your happy about the Spot though. Thats a little concerning, first I heard of the Burner breaking there, what did Turner say?
    It's rare but it could happen. Right above the lower shock mount. I wouldn't worry about it, as you point out that's not something you hear about. I certainly am not going to lose faith in the brand.
    Hey, I didn't break D-Rock's yesterday! I'd much rather focus on the ride than have a negative "Oh $&%@" posting.
    Last edited by RedRocker; 03-05-2006 at 06:59 PM.
    Big hoopy.

Bike to the Bone...
    Nice post!

not so super...
    Looks like fun boys. Let me know when you do it again and I'll sweep the ride.
    Nothing to see here.

rr
    I don't do PC
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRocker
    It's rare but it could happen. Right above the lower shock mount. I wouldn't worry about it, as you point out that's not something you hear about. I certainly am not going to lose faith in the brand.
    Hey, I didn't break D-Rock's yesterday! I'd much rather focus on the ride than have a negative "Oh $&%@" posting.
    I agree, was just curious where it broke and if Turner had any comments about it.

So why the Spot and not a Flux?

\|/Home of the Braves\|/
    It was a minor arm-twisting on Turner's part. I don't think I will loose anything for the way I ride vs. a Flux and there's more "upside" for me. I also felt better with the machined BB/shock mount on the Spot. The Flux has the Burner-style mounts. I know I said I wouldn't have any worries about other Burners but...
    I am getting a Revelation U-Turn so I can also tweak the geometry if I choose. I expect it to be like the Reba - stiff, very plush, and adaptable. My buddy put my Reba on his Blur and took it for a ride yesterday. He said he was sold on it 10 feet into the trail. To compare, I did ride a Rush with a Lefty yesterday at a bike demo. I hate to bash it, but the bike was nowhere near as plush and agile as a Burner with a Reba (D-Rock's Marathon was nice too).

Anyone want to but a Swinger 3-way?
    Big hoopy.