mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Getting more weight over the front wheel.

Since fitting my Pike 454 I feel as though I need more weight over the front. I'm running a 90mm thomson 5 degree rise stem and a straight seatpost. Have moved the saddle a bit further forward but would a longer stem also help?
    Thanks

MK_
    carpe maņana
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbz
    Since fitting my Pike 454 I feel as though I need more weight over the front. I'm running a 90mm thomson 5 degree rise stem and a straight seatpost. Have moved the saddle a bit further forward but would a longer stem also help?
    Thanks
    Longer stem would definatelly help, but it will hurt on the downs. Just work with your body, seat on the nose of the saddle when you pedal, lower your torso, get your butt off the saddle on the really tough parts of the climb.

_MK
    "No man goes before his time -- unless the boss leaves early."
    -- Marx, Groucho

Amphibious Technologies
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbz
    Thanks
    Try these: a low rise bar, 0 degree rise stem, and/or lower bar to floor height (achieved by decreasing number of stem spacers or not using any)....
    Last edited by SCUBAPRO; 05-10-2006 at 01:17 PM.
    "The best you've ridden is the best you know" - Paul Thede, Race Tech

Lay off the Levers
    Strap a box of KrispyKremes to the bars. That usually does the trick for me.

Seriously I found the handling of my bike very different going from an AM1 to a 454DA I'm still trying to get it dialed myself.
    Faster is better, even when it's not.