Thread: Get a new ride!

a tight kick sound

Get a new ride!

OK,
    It's official, sorry for the spam. just thought I would give you homers to first heads up!

04 5 spot
    http://classifieds.mtbr.com/cgi-bin/...uery=retrieval

02 rfx
    http://classifieds.mtbr.com/cgi-bin/...uery=retrieval

AAaaagh

Boone

Outcast
    Boone, what's going on? Why are you selling your stable?

a tight kick sound

I'm crazy!

Hey renegade,
    I am selling because I don't ride em' as much as I would like!
    I ride the spot most of all and love it! Unfortunately it cannot do DH
    So I am attempting to go for the one bike that rules all. Really wanted to go for
    the 6 pack, but I just didn't feel right about it for some reason. I'm weird I know!
    I will give a couple bikes a try to see if it is even possible I am pretty much set on one right now, everything is ready to go, just need to sell some stuff first!

Am sure Tscheezy is sitting out there somewhere saying, "he will be back and will prolly be on a 6 pack." I have asked sooo many questions about it, one would think I am going to marry it At any rate you all have been a hugh help no matter what it's about. I'm not going anywhere.

Anyway, the next new ride is not going to be a turner....Gasp! I am kinda nervous about it
    but everything is going well so far!

Will post a quick pick when it is all together and let you know how I feel about selling everything then. Cause it is FREAKIN' KILLING me right now....aaargh

Boone

Outcast
    Good luck with the new bike Boone. Your RFX should go fast; 5 and 6 inch rockers! And your 5 spot looks yummy, and it's my size. How can I hide it from my wife?.........

a tight kick sound

hmmm

Thanks Renegade!
    How to hide it from the wife.....hmmm
    I dunno 'bout that one. Maybe you could just make them look the same
    and tell her there really is only one, it just looks like two

Hey if you are really interested lemme know, I'll make you a sweet deal on it!

Have fun

Booner

mtbr member
    ...I hope you like the Enduro more than I did. Did a 20+ mi. epic on a 36 Talas/ 5TH Air equipped S-works version last week. I was wishing I had the Spot the whole time. I am sure that the 36 Talas contributed to my dislike, however, the ride didn't feel nearly as stable as the Spot.

a tight kick sound

Wow!

Dude aaaaahhhh that sucks!
    How did you know I was going the Specialized route?
    Have you been thread spying on me

Anyway, that is weird about the enduro.I thought they were pretty solid? What didn't you like about the talas? I have not heard great things about it but, the adjustability of it must be nice!
    I am going to be building up an sx trail with the 06 36 van and some 823's on hadley's prolly. Was going to go for the new mavic deetraks but they are not tubless! So hella no on those!

Thing that made me go for the specy was the angle measurements and really low center
    of gravity. More and more my riding is going into crazy places. And not that the spot could not handle what I want to do, but I like to be in a more DH oriented position on my bike. I am kind of a nutter like that!

Booner

Outcast
    this one with the dhx looks kinda cool:

I'm not as fond of the red/black thing:

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by boone
    Dude aaaaahhhh that sucks!
    How did you know I was going the Specialized route?
    Have you been thread spying on me

Anyway, that is weird about the enduro.I thought they were pretty solid? What didn't you like about the talas? I have not heard great things about it but, the adjustability of it must be nice!
    I am going to be building up an sx trail with the 06 36 van and some 823's on hadley's prolly. Was going to go for the new mavic deetraks but they are not tubless! So hella no on those!

Thing that made me go for the specy was the angle measurements and really low center
    of gravity. More and more my riding is going into crazy places. And not that the spot could not handle what I want to do, but I like to be in a more DH oriented position on my bike. I am kind of a nutter like that!

Booner
    .........I hear ya on the DH bit. Alot of my background in MTB is DH and I think the Spot feels pretty solid with the HA the Z1 creates. As far as the Talas, I spent a ton of time trying to dial it in (something I never have a hard time doing with suspension). The ride just never was very plush...AT ALL. In fact, I swapped rides with a friend for about a mile, his bike was equipped with a Z1 Dropoff (not exactly hi-perf.) and it felt like butter compared to the Fox I had been riding. As much as I messed with the High & Lo speed compression, I could never get the fork to feel smooth at speed over the rough. However, it seems the 36Vanilla is another story.

The Enduro was decent, kind of a slacker on the climbs tho. I would recommend that you get the coil shock also, the rear felt like poo with the 5th Air. I was surprised that I couldn't push the bike thru the turns like I can the Spot. At first I though it might be the HA, so I played with the talas adjustment some, but never resolved the issue. I definitely came away from it unimpressed (and I like Specialized....ridden them for years). Hope yours is a better experience!

a tight kick sound

thanks dudes!

Yeah I hope the sx trail is a little diff than the enduro!

Renegade, yeah that is prolly the enduro JC is talking about! The other one is the mountain cross bike they make. It is called the enduro sx! Confusing set of names for all these babies

This is my plan so far!
    Attached Images Attached Images

a tight kick sound

ooops

Sorry,
    The shock is a DHX 5, and the hub is hadley DH!

Should be pretty solid. I will be one pissed camper if it's not. The LBS is going to work
    with me to get everything perfect. They call it the pro build, meaning they put it together, I ride it, they tweak it and I ride it. Do this over and over until we get everything exactly the way I want it.

Hope it works well, these guys have been a hugh help thus far. I presume it will be great all the way through!

Booner

Outcast
    Boone, here's a good looking specialized [except, IMO, the dorado fork and the fugly stantion pads].

Plenty more pics of it here: bike