mtbr member
    Dec 2008

Front Mech for spot DW... have I got it right?

Just building my new 5 spot frame... its great. One question, I have an old XTR front mech from my Burner frame, I think its the XTR M961, its the correct type etc.

When I install it with my xt triple chainset the mech is very close to the lower linkage, like only 2mm tops. Is this normal? I did follow DT advice in the thread about BB spacers and have currently put the spacer on the non drive side to aid chainline.

Is this my problem? I don't want the mech to hit the linkage and mark it. Or is this particular mech too old a design?

Cheers for the help, here's a picture from yesterday, partially built. I'll post some more up over the weekend.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    check out the turner site for mods to the front mech on the dw frames.

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Sorry, I forgot to mention, I have done the mod, thats all ok.

Its the distance between the inside of the front mech and the lower linkage I'm worried about. I'll take some pics tomorrow. It'll be easier to show, than explain.

Cheers G

mtbr member
    There isn't much clearance on mine. Just take your shock off the frame and cycle the suspension, if it doesn't make contact you should be fine.

Hike 'n Bike Nat'l Champ
    What the heck is a front mech?

Front derailleur I understand.

Front mech to me means a mechanical front brake.

/soapbox

tardcore
    Liking the build! I dig white hot. Make sure you take some proper pics when it's done. Here's my take on white;
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Front Mech for spot DW... have I got it right?-p1000447.jpg  

tardcore
    All the above Actually I'm really feeling the Spot with the Revelation, it's awesome I'm super stoked with both my rigs, I feel lucky to own two great bikes.