Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    rr
    I don't do PC

Front end upgrade/SEMI bling

Got the Domain on, will do a tester tomm., feels nice so far, compared to the Z1FR1 I had on there it's bigger/stiffer, more travel, adj travel, adj compression, and the Maxle. Gained 1/2lb or so with the fork/stem but hell, at around 37 pounds who cares , and the steel stanchions go well with the silver rear too!

pic1- Domain
    pic2- new stem/ Easton Vise
    pic3- RFX looking gooood
    pic4- playing with the new scale/ 37.3lbs
    pic5- weighed the Burner for fun, under 29, yeah!

Outcast
    Rick, is that the 318, or the 302?
    And, is it stuck down yet?

rr
    I don't do PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    Rick, is that the 318, or the 302?
    And, is it stuck down yet?
    It's the 318, Motion control and U-Turn, and COIL so no stuck down, it just blows thru the travel over every pebble in the trail, hey at least it's plush!

No, that's not phonetic
    Looks cool. I will be curious to hear the report. IThere was nothing about the coil RS's of the past few years that made me think I wanted one. In fact you would have to pry my 06 66SL from my cold, dead fing.....

....oooooooooohhhhhhh! Is that an 07 66SL ATA I see.......?
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

Outcast
    Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy

....oooooooooohhhhhhh! Is that an 07 66SL ATA I see.......?
    Poseur! It looks like you put white lowers on your '06. Who are you trying to fool?

No, that's not phonetic
    After I glue an ATA knob on top of my 06, I'll fool everyone!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rroeder
    pic4- playing with the new scale/ 37.3lbs
    Nice! An RFX that even that schizo Gonzo-Article-Pablo could be proud of Now get your arse back to St. George and put it to good use.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bite Me.
    I'm sure you could get that thing heavier if you really tried.
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

rr
    I don't do PC
    The Domain is the antibling, I'm such a non conformist

Ron- I will be back there next year I bet, the wifey wants to go back and hike in Zion, and we want to see Bryce also, I will schedule a couple days to ride for sure!
    Last edited by rr; 11-10-2006 at 03:38 PM.

Bodhisattva
    Quote Originally Posted by cutthroat
    I'm sure you could get that thing heavier if you really tried.
    Fo could give you some tips
    Life....the original terminal illness

Negative Rep Points!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    IThere was nothing about the coil RS's of the past few years that made me think I wanted one. In fact you would have to pry my 06 66SL from my cold, dead fing.....

Wheezy, are you getting fellatio from the Marz girls or what? There is something comically hypocritical about you discussing irony in the case of Slo Fizzle, especially using phrasing that happens to describe YOU to T.

"He needed the 6-Pack and the Homer Nation's approval".

GMAFB
    Last edited by Aquaholic; 11-10-2006 at 04:39 PM.
    What the EFF is "All MOUNTAIN"???

rr
    I don't do PC
    I will be reversing this trend though with a new set of wheels soon, the Sun Ringle tanks will be for shuttle/Keystone days, I bet I could shave close to a pound with some durable trail wheels for some of our rides.

Bite Me.
    Hold on there Hoss - I've got an as new set of Dual Dutys (the 30mm variety) with 2.4 Motoraptors, WTB Speed Disc Hubs, 8" front rotor and spanking clean 11-34 LX cassette that you could throw on that thing - I think the total weight of the entire set up is only around 12.5lbs - you could probably get over 40lbs total on the RFX and give FO
    a run for his money - think about it I'll be riding the Anatrim 5 Spot tomorrow at Red Hill - I think she's back down near 30lbs again
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

rr
    I don't do PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cutthroat
    Hold on there Hoss - I've got an as new set of Dual Dutys (the 30mm variety) with 2.4 Motoraptors, WTB Speed Disc Hubs, 8" front rotor and spanking clean 11-34 LX cassette that you could throw on that thing - I think the total weight of the entire set up is only around 12.5lbs - you could probably get over 40lbs total on the RFX and give FO
    a run for his money - think about it I'll be riding the Anatrim 5 Spot tomorrow at Red Hill - I think she's back down near 30lbs again
    Now that I have a scale I'm gonna weigh these wheels and see what I can do to build up a lighter yet durable wheelset, I really wanted to spend the coin on the wheels but the Z1 was not cutting it.

How about the Burner, I fiqured it was closer to 30! I love that bike

No, that's not phonetic
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic
    Blah blah blah
    Ok, you lost me there.

rr
    I don't do PC
    One more bit I put on
    Last edited by rr; 11-11-2006 at 11:46 AM.

rr
    I don't do PC
    Got in a good test ride yesterday, first of all, the bike felt balanced front to rear like never before, I'm actually getting proper sag which I never was able to achieve with the Z1, even with zero air in the PAR.

Certainly did not notice the extra 1/3lb, but I did notice the added stiffness! The front end tracked straight thru the rockgardens and just felt smoother with the improved suspension. The stock spring seems to be right but I will reserve judgement till later once I do some RFX worthy rides and the fork breaks in, this was more of a standard trail ride and one I do on the Burner most of the time, however, I did not notice a too linear feel like some have mentioned.

With the added sag, I found I liked it at the full 160mm setting most of the time, when I lowered it to 150mm the front end felt steeper than with the Z1, probably the same A>C but again, more sag. I stopped and lowered it fully for a short steep hill and zipped right up it, usually had to fight the front end a little with the Z1, can't wait to tackle the first big hill with the travel adjust.

I also played with the compression adj a little, when cranked up I could feel the fork riding a little higher in it's travel but a bit too harsh feeling over chunky terrain at speed, I ran it 3(out of 10) clicks IN most of the time. Nice fork, and I'm very pleased with the initial ride.
    Last edited by rr; 11-12-2006 at 11:07 AM.

Neg reppers r my biatches
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by The Squeaky Wheel
    Fo could give you some tips
    no way man....he definitely has me beat...though at second glance, perhaps not...nah, i doubt it.

Outcast
    Nice headset cap Rick. I'm afraid that if I put one of those on my bike, I would try to drink my steer tube, and it would taste too bitter.
    So how about an update; is your fork stuck down yet?

Baked Alaskan
    RR - sweet ride, love the topcap. Funny how everyone seems to pick up weight as time goes on - and I'm not just talking about the spare tire. Ignore Renegade and the stuck down comments, I think he's just jealous of the Ano green. Plus he seems to be more receptive to pics with the ride in front of or on a couch. I think if you took it into the living room and snapped another pic, he'll start gushing about your ride.
    The red couch has moved from Alaska to Florida...

Outcast
    Lean a scantily clad, well endowed mega-babe next to the bike, then I'll be jealous!

Baked Alaskan

Oh come on...

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    Lean a scantily clad, well endowed mega-babe next to the bike, then I'll be jealous!
    Are you sure...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The red couch has moved from Alaska to Florida...

Outcast
    Sorry, without the bimbo, you won't get a rise out of me.

rr
    I don't do PC
    Hot bike! look at that tight rear end and big round.......stanchions

No stuck down, since I'm a real man and run COIL suspension on my manly RFX I don't have to worry about those pansy XCish air suspension issues. How about yours?, it's been a few weeks so your due for an oil change right? Bushing overhaul perhaps??

Outcast
    well, I do have a light popping like feel to the initial compression stroke.....probably related to NOT knowing to put more air in the PAR chamber than you do in the negative chamber. Seems marzocchi forgot to put that factoid in the owners manual. But other than that, it works well. Maybe I just need to burp the cartridge. Better bring home extra beer for that procedure.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast