Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Fresh RFX porn

  1. #1
    FM
    FM is offline
    luxatio erecta
    Reputation: FM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    8,887

    Fresh RFX porn

    Taken up in Pemberton BC over the weekend. We tried briefly to get some action shots, as there was plenty of action, but alas the photo's came out very poorly.... forgot to mention the focus feature!
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    490
    Nice pics.

    Good looking bike...

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by FM
    Taken up in Pemberton BC over the weekend. We tried briefly to get some action shots, as there was plenty of action, but alas the photo's came out very poorly.... forgot to mention the focus feature!
    Looks like you ended up with the SteelSet, Yes?

    Nice bike!

    KL

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CrashTheDOG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,377
    FM,

    Nice pics! Living in the desert is great because of the year round riding, but man do I miss living in the mountains. The painful build up of anticipation as the ski season ends and the snow begins to melt, the occasional microburst mid-ride, and the lung burning lack of oxygen as you struggle to make it to the top of the crest for the mind blowing decent on tight forested singletrack. Luckily the in-laws still have the condo hmmm, wonder when the snow is going to melt?

  5. #5
    FM
    FM is offline
    luxatio erecta
    Reputation: FM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    8,887
    Thanks guys. I hope to get a lot more good photos this year... I really like to travel and explore, I have a few trips planned... so I will definately post more when I get 'em. I could have gotten great pictures riding sunday in Squamish, but my wife took the camera hiking....

    Yeah, the frame came with a steel set pressed in. It seemed like overkill to me, for my riding style, but I heard nightmares about removing those deep cups- so I left it in and sold my old alu. king to a friend. Now it seems like a good idea- 9lb frame, steel set, and steel stanchions on the Z150. Now I have the piece of mind knowing that the bike will survive anything that doesn't go well for the rider!

    Here's another one...
    Quote Originally Posted by KLars
    Looks like you ended up with the SteelSet, Yes?

    Nice bike!

    KL
    Attached Images Attached Images

  6. #6
    Flyin Canine
    Reputation: shanedawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,281
    Quote Originally Posted by FM
    Thanks guys. I hope to get a lot more good photos this year... I really like to travel and explore, I have a few trips planned... so I will definately post more when I get 'em. I could have gotten great pictures riding sunday in Squamish, but my wife took the camera hiking....

    Yeah, the frame came with a steel set pressed in. It seemed like overkill to me, for my riding style, but I heard nightmares about removing those deep cups- so I left it in and sold my old alu. king to a friend. Now it seems like a good idea- 9lb frame, steel set, and steel stanchions on the Z150. Now I have the piece of mind knowing that the bike will survive anything that doesn't go well for the rider!

    Here's another one...
    FM any advice on good trails in Pemberton? Last summer I rode "lumpys epic" and found it to be pretty cool but was looking for more rock faces and more drops. I am heading up to whistler this summer and I figure we'll probably spend more time in Squamish than Pemberton because we liked the trails in Squamish so much. In Squamish we rode the dump trails near hwy 99 and also the "don't tell jude trail". My wife really loved the dump trails on her juliana but this year she's on a bullit and I'l be riding something new also so we should be hitting bigger stuff. Also the mosquitos were crazy on Lumpys in July. Is there any time of summer when they go away?

  7. #7
    what a joke
    Reputation: ozlongboarder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,278

    speaking of RFX's

    There is a nice looking one on ebay. Shame its not my size.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=27948
    blah blah blah

  8. #8
    ajr
    ajr is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    753
    Quote Originally Posted by FM
    Thanks guys. I hope to get a lot more good photos this year... I really like to travel and explore, I have a few trips planned... so I will definately post more when I get 'em. I could have gotten great pictures riding sunday in Squamish, but my wife took the camera hiking....

    Yeah, the frame came with a steel set pressed in. It seemed like overkill to me, for my riding style, but I heard nightmares about removing those deep cups- so I left it in and sold my old alu. king to a friend. Now it seems like a good idea- 9lb frame, steel set, and steel stanchions on the Z150. Now I have the piece of mind knowing that the bike will survive anything that doesn't go well for the rider!

    Here's another one...
    This is my one.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  9. #9
    M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
    Reputation: Acadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,522
    FM...NICE RIDE!!! I always loved RFX's and you're sure is a beauty!

    Pemberton looks like a fun place to ride...

    thanks for the pics..

  10. #10
    ajr
    ajr is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    753
    Quote Originally Posted by Acadian
    FM...NICE RIDE!!! I always loved RFX's and you're sure is a beauty!

    Pemberton looks like a fun place to ride...

    thanks for the pics..
    This is my other bike.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  11. #11
    FM
    FM is offline
    luxatio erecta
    Reputation: FM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    8,887
    Man, I have no idea what trails we rode in pemberton, although I could find out from my friend who lives in whistler.... although I have to say that whistler actually has the coolest trails I've ridden up there. WORCA has done an incredible job of organizing resources to build and maintain trails.

    Last year we rode "Comfortably Numb" in Whistler (or "uncomfortable bum" as we called it) and I have to say it was one of the best rides I've ever done. We rode it the day before it officially opened. Basically you climb up "Secret trails north", traverse a few hills, cross a new bridge over a waterfall, traverse some more, and descend fourplay. The descent is steep slabs, rocky switchbacks, and small-medium drops for miles. The entire ride took us a long time, (25k with 5k' vert) but the descent was SO GOOD!!!! Incredible alpine scenery too.

    Also in whistler, opposite side of the valley, you can climb up rainbow/sproat flank trail and descend "cheap thrills" , then "Danimal".. thats another good one.

    And, you've ridden "kill me thrill me" right? Hit that before you ride anything else, if you haven't already.

    In squammish we rode "crouching tiger hidden squirrel" among others..that was my favorite there though.

    Thats why I love whistler, XC climbs with FR descents.... Mosquitos should be mostly gone by mid july I would think- it depends on what trails you ride. Give me a PM before you go, I might be able to meet you or at least hook you up with my buddy that lives there.

    AJR, I like the red!

    Quote Originally Posted by shanedawg
    FM any advice on good trails in Pemberton? Last summer I rode "lumpys epic" and found it to be pretty cool but was looking for more rock faces and more drops. I am heading up to whistler this summer and I figure we'll probably spend more time in Squamish than Pemberton because we liked the trails in Squamish so much. In Squamish we rode the dump trails near hwy 99 and also the "don't tell jude trail". My wife really loved the dump trails on her juliana but this year she's on a bullit and I'l be riding something new also so we should be hitting bigger stuff. Also the mosquitos were crazy on Lumpys in July. Is there any time of summer when they go away?

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CrashTheDOG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,377
    Quote Originally Posted by ajr
    This is my other bike.
    ajr,

    Have you done a write-up on the RFX vs. the X-5? If not Id be curious to see it. I love Marz's change to black stantions on the '04 Bomber line. I wish all manufacturers would follow suite.

    FM,

    How long is the drive for you to St. George/Moab/So. Utah? And what would I need to add to it to make it up to Whistler?

    Crash

  13. #13
    Flyin Canine
    Reputation: shanedawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,281
    Quote Originally Posted by FM
    Man, I have no idea what trails we rode in pemberton, although I could find out from my friend who lives in whistler.... although I have to say that whistler actually has the coolest trails I've ridden up there. WORCA has done an incredible job of organizing resources to build and maintain trails.

    Last year we rode "Comfortably Numb" in Whistler (or "uncomfortable bum" as we called it) and I have to say it was one of the best rides I've ever done. We rode it the day before it officially opened. Basically you climb up "Secret trails north", traverse a few hills, cross a new bridge over a waterfall, traverse some more, and descend fourplay. The descent is steep slabs, rocky switchbacks, and small-medium drops for miles. The entire ride took us a long time, (25k with 5k' vert) but the descent was SO GOOD!!!! Incredible alpine scenery too.

    Also in whistler, opposite side of the valley, you can climb up rainbow/sproat flank trail and descend "cheap thrills" , then "Danimal".. thats another good one.

    And, you've ridden "kill me thrill me" right? Hit that before you ride anything else, if you haven't already.

    In squammish we rode "crouching tiger hidden squirrel" among others..that was my favorite there though.

    Thats why I love whistler, XC climbs with FR descents.... Mosquitos should be mostly gone by mid july I would think- it depends on what trails you ride. Give me a PM before you go, I might be able to meet you or at least hook you up with my buddy that lives there.

    AJR, I like the red!
    Yeah whistler rocks. We did not have time to ride kill me thrill me last year. I was bummed. We did ride A river runs through it and DAMN that was so much fun! We also rode Mels Dilema which was nice but steep climbing for armor and full face. This year I hope to hit KMTM, and the new secret trail. We rode some others that I can't remember and spent probably 10 or so days at the Bike Park. Man I can't wait to get back. Maybe I'll see ya up there. We are planning a week in late July.

  14. #14
    FM
    FM is offline
    luxatio erecta
    Reputation: FM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    8,887
    It's about 16 hours from Seattle to Moab... most of it is mindless 70mph straight hiway... 2 years ago, solo, I left seattle at 2pm and was riding slickrock at 9am next day.

    It takes us about 4-5 hours to get up to whistler- it really depends on the traffic.

    There's a killer ride about every 40 miles, all the way between seattle and whistler...you can't go wrong up here, at least between April and october....Come on up! We'll show you some great rides!

    Quote Originally Posted by CrashTheDOG
    ajr,

    Have you done a write-up on the RFX vs. the X-5? If not Id be curious to see it. I love Marz's change to black stantions on the '04 Bomber line. I wish all manufacturers would follow suite.

    FM,

    How long is the drive for you to St. George/Moab/So. Utah? And what would I need to add to it to make it up to Whistler?

    Crash

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CrashTheDOG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,377
    Quote Originally Posted by FM
    ... 2 years ago, solo, I left seattle at 2pm and was riding slickrock at 9am next day...


    If I attempted that I'd be curled up mid ride sucking my thumb with my eyes rolled back into my skull... I'm all about getting the proper amount of beauty rest.

    Thanks for the invite. I doubt a NW road trip is going to happen anytime this year. But I do have family in the Seattle area that I'd love to visit and Whistler, with and without snow, has always been on my must-do-before-death-list, which seems to grow longer each year.
    Last edited by CrashTheDOG; 04-02-2004 at 04:09 PM.

  16. #16
    FM
    FM is offline
    luxatio erecta
    Reputation: FM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    8,887
    Well, you know how it goes... driving 16 hours straight towards sunny, warm and dry trails ain't so bad for us after a winter of wet night riding. Slickrock will be a perfect ride for our first day: 2 hours, big dinner, beers at the campsite, drunk and sleeping by 9pm.

    Driving 16 hours straight home to go back to work- never, That'll take 2 full days at least!


    Quote Originally Posted by CrashTheDOG


    If I attempted that I'd be curled up mid ride sucking my thumb with my eyes rolled back into my skull... I'm all about getting the proper amount of beauty rest.

    Thanks for the invite. I doubt a NW road trip is going to happen anytime this year. But I do have family in the Seattle area that I'd love to visit and Whistler, with and without snow, has always been on my must-do-before-death-list, which seems to grow longer each year.

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CrashTheDOG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,377
    Quote Originally Posted by FM
    Well, you know how it goes... driving 16 hours straight towards sunny, warm and dry trails ain't so bad for us after a winter of wet night riding.
    It's all about priorities and it looks like you've got yours right in line. Keep me posted as your plans solidify for So. Utah.

Similar Threads

  1. New RACE BIKE porn..Pic's
    By merlin in forum Passion
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 09-20-2012, 08:39 PM
  2. New to me Kona Lava Dome porn
    By PROGRE-SS in forum Passion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-26-2004, 02:41 PM
  3. nice day to ride...trail porn
    By mcd in forum Passion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-10-2004, 07:30 AM
  4. RFX Questions
    By miles e in forum Turner
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-02-2004, 09:26 PM
  5. Kitchen Fresh Chicken?!?!?
    By pimpbot in forum Passion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-19-2004, 09:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •