Committed

Fresh paint and a early season diet, DHR content

The DHRs needed fresh paint for the new season, so I stripped our bikes down and sent them off to Olympic.
    I didn't see the need for new frames as these are holding up so well. With fresh powder and new bearings the bikes look and feel like new.
    Also we decided to have Jay set us up with team sticker kits for the bikes to help them stand out at the races.
    The rebuild included some new parts, including Gravity light cranksets, Formula 'The One' brakes, still waiting on some fresh I9s for my wife's bike.
    I set the bikes up super light for the first three races of the year, Fontana, Sea Otter and Santa Ynez. These courses have more pedaling than most without much rough terrain. I ended up running a heavier set up at Fontana because by race day the course was seriously chewed up. For Sea Otter the part spec was perfect, and I anticipate it will be money for Santa Ynez.
    When we head out to New Mexico for the Anglefire National I will be running a more traditional spec, ie heavier tires, Fox 40. Still on the fence about the Roco WC Air, it works so damn good I plan on running it all season, but will have my DHX coil in the tool box just in case.
    My DHR as pictured weighs just under 35.5#, my wife's is a bit over 36#
    Keep in mind this weight is with light tires, not suitable for true dh style rocky terrain.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    very nice!
    No, I'm NOT back!

Team Sanchez
    That white one is beautiful!
    Team Sanchez; "Always hittin the upper lip"

Now with flavor!!
    You need some lowrider bouncing pistons in your fork to match that paint job.

If you're going to go all bass boat, there's only one color. Blue. You should know this.
    STRAVA: Enabling dorks everywhere to get trails shut down........ all for the sake of a race on the internet.

Yay! Bikes !
    Wow.
    Nick.

Lay off the Levers
    OOOHH so sweet!
    I was looking for a color like that sparkle gray. NICE!!!

The decals are killer too.
    Have you had much time on the GL cranks?
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

Trophy Husband
    Good Gawd!

Nice bikes...me likey. I've got a buddy with the Roco Air WC on his VP Free and it does indeed feel sweet. It has already been back to Marz though .
    Extreme stationary biker.

You're dhr setup would be perfect for Windrock.

NOT Team Sanchez
    Those are some of most beautiful bikes I've ever beheld, well done!
    I like bikes.

mtbr member
    Excellent refurb.
    You done a good job on them.
    The decals are great how can I get my hands on some?
    Stay off the brakes

mtbr member
    Wow! Gorgeous paint jobs. 35-36lbs on a DHR? That is insane! Are those 2.35in or 2.5in tires?

mtbr member
    May 2004
    35.5lbs?!! That is incredible.

Now with flavor!!
    Quote Originally Posted by CharacterZero
    35.5lbs?!! That is incredible.

No that's xc tires
    STRAVA: Enabling dorks everywhere to get trails shut down........ all for the sake of a race on the internet.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Great DHRs, and super light.

Dam, you got white too. I had my DHR recoated this winter white also but had the rear swingarm done as well. I'll have to post some pics soon before I destroy the bike riding this weekend. Some of the stickers are already wearing off - I couldn't help but ride before I took some pictures.

I still think everybody online has magic scales though. I have a pretty light build up but with DH tires and tubes and come in at 39 lbs. Do XC tires make that much of a difference?

Now with flavor!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dhsean
    I still think everybody online has magic scales though. I have a pretty light build up but with DH tires and tubes and come in at 39 lbs. Do XC tires make that much of a difference?

1SR has a pretty nice scale actually. And yes xc tires make a BIG difference. As do air shocks, single crown forks etc......

Committed
    The Maxxis HR UST tires dropped about two pounds v.s 2.5 3C Minion Fs.
    The DHR is also one of the lightest dh race frames made.
    Then you factor in the Totem (solo air) at less than 6 pounds, and the Roco WC Air thatís a 1/2 pound lighter than a Ti coil DHX, and get a light weight "dh" bike.
    It works perfectly in a narrow range of application.

Prof: Talk to JC, he is the man to go to for decal work.

Zilla: The G Lights are holding up great so far. Only about two months of use on them so far, so long term durability remains to be seen. I have talked to guys with a season of use on the GLs without issues.

mtbr member
    Wow Jesse...I am digging your ride. That black looks supahbadd! Now you just need some black lowers for the Totem

Are you liking the Formulas as much as I am? I had to get another pair for my Wolfhound...I used to be a devout Hope guy, now I'm down to just 1 pair

~~~~~~~~
    good idea on the massive decals for protection.

awesome rides!

Flyin Canine
    awesome work man, those look great. Now stop it. I already have an RFX frame, and a complete Spot and a complete Highline.
    I don't need a DHR....
    I don't need a DHR....
    I don't need a DHR....
    I don't need a DHR....
    I don't need a DHR....
    I don't need a DHR....
    I don't need a DHR........................................

Committed
    Quote Originally Posted by jncarpenter
    Wow Jesse...I am digging your ride. That black looks supahbadd! Now you just need some black lowers for the Totem

Are you liking the Formulas as much as I am? I had to get another pair for my Wolfhound...I used to be a devout Hope guy, now I'm down to just 1 pair
    The Formulas are amazing brakes. I was impressed with the Oros, but the Ones are truly in a class of their own. The only problem with them is they make the other brakes I own seem weak and ineffective.

Shanedawg; You just keep telling yourself that......even though you know you DO need one.

Go Fast, Take Chances.
    Sick, sick bikes. The more I see the DHR's, the more I think my RFX needs a friend.

Captain Underpants
    I need a towel.

Those are some fine bikes. I have a set of those cranks on order for my RFX, they look sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by 1soulrider
    The Formulas are amazing brakes. I was impressed with the Oros, but the Ones are truly in a class of their own. The only problem with them is they make the other brakes I own seem weak and ineffective.
    There are always the MEGAs:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004
    Damn! Those look sweet. I'll keep an eye out for you at Santa Ynez. I'll either be on my Sultan or my Granny Smith Green RFX.