mtbr member

frankenturner question

hey guys, I just bought a used "5spot" but it seems it's quite the frankturner...

I got:
    2008 5spot front tri.
    5.5 spot rockers
    and what i guess is a rfx/6pack rear tri... (horst link, closed disc tabs, bolt on cable guide, not so machined chainstays yoke)

What will this do for my geometrie? I'm running a 2008 454 pike dual air.

Hope I didn't buy a cat in a bag...

Greetz
    bettes

banned
    Post pictures for verification. That's the only way to get your question answered.

mtbr member
    It sounds like the rear end is an '02 RFX rear. They had the allen bolt on tab for the the disk break cable. It should be similar geometry to the original Spot rear but a bit heavier.

If you post up picks you might get some better answers. The bike should still work as expected. Some might prefer it because it has the newest front and rockers along with a Horst link rear (instead of TNT). The BB might be a bit lower than the stock '08 Spot if it has the older rear.

Hope this help.

TG

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    Post pictures for verification. That's the only way to get your question answered.
    Here you go!

I was pleased about the combo 2008 front 5,5 rockers and a HL rear. (I'm a 4bar addict...)

Greetz
    bettes
    Attached Images Attached Images

Team Blindspot
    Quote Originally Posted by G-AIR
    It sounds like the rear end is an '02 RFX rear. They had the allen bolt on tab for the the disk break cable. It should be similar geometry to the original Spot rear but a bit heavier.

If you post up picks you might get some better answers. The bike should still work as expected. Some might prefer it because it has the newest front and rockers along with a Horst link rear (instead of TNT). The BB might be a bit lower than the stock '08 Spot if it has the older rear.

Hope this help.

TG
    This is correct. I ran my 06 spot for two seasons with the 5.5 rockers. The newer rockers maintain BB hgt and geometry of pre-5.5 spots, but increases the travel. DT raised the BB with the 5.5 bikes by making the SeatStay longer. Push Rockers, OTOH, raised BB and increased travel on their own.

Enjoy! It's a killer bike.
    Astigmatic Visionary

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by S-Works
    This is correct. I ran my 06 spot for two seasons with the 5.5 rockers. The newer rockers maintain BB hgt and geometry of pre-5.5 spots, but increases the travel. DT raised the BB with the 5.5 bikes by making the SeatStay longer. Push Rockers, OTOH, raised BB and increased travel on their own.

Enjoy! It's a killer bike.
    I've already got a 2003 5.1 HL spot with a pushed RP23 in it. So I love the ride already...

But when I wanted to get my frame painted I discovered two cracks from the hole of the clampslit along the weld... Bad news. So it was a 500 euro deal with turner for a new front tri or this frame for a little more. And my girl wanted a spot for her own so now I can ride this frame (I am a singletrack lover so the low BB is great!) and have the front tri of my old bike welded and heat treated.

Greetz
    Bettes

banned
    Looks like a great setup. Enjoy! I love the retro Turner.

mtbr member
    hhhhmmm, looks very familiar....... hope you enjoy it bettes. it is an 02 RFX rear, and i do believe that those chain stays are a bit shorter that the stock 08 5-spot stays.