mtbr member

Frame Wt Difference: Large 04 Burner vs 05 Spot and Paint ?

Well, I want to build up a faster and lighter ride, and seems a used Burner might do it. But what is the differnce in weights? I have a L Spot with a RP3. How much does the Burner weigh, does anyone know? If it not that much, maybe another frame would be better........but I can't find that great geometry....

Also, if I buy a used one, and need to repaint it, where should I go for that? Or if I wanted to strip say just the rear, can I do that myself and with what? Would I have to polish it and then clear coat it?

Turner doesn't supply touch up paint, do they? (Red)

Thanks

SBob
    We told you 650b rocks! Riding converted RFX for years!

Shot Down in Flames...
    My L Burner frame with a Fox Float RL and seat collar weighs 6.5 lbs.

Full build is 28.92 with trail worthy parts.

Olympic Powdercoating does the OEM Turner finishes.

D.

mtbr member

Nice,

[QUOTE=D-Rock]My L Burner frame with a Fox Float RL and seat collar weighs 6.5 lbs.

Full build is 28.92 with trail worthy parts.

Olympic Powdercoating does the OEM Turner finishes.

Do you running discs or rim brakes? Which front shock?
    Thanks
    We told you 650b rocks! Riding converted RFX for years!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spongebob
    Well, I want to build up a faster and lighter ride, and seems a used Burner might do it. But what is the differnce in weights?
    The frames will weigh practically the same- I weighed a large Burner w/ 3-Way shock @ 6.48 lbs. The weight savings would have to come from the build, which really applies whether you're building a Flux or Burner. My 5 Spot weighs 6 lbs. more than my Flux, but only ~1 lb. of that is due to the frame & fork; the rest is in the components.
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have.

Shot Down in Flames...
    Do you running discs or rim brakes? Which front shock?
    Thanks

Build is here.

I've since changed the cranks to RF Deus and bought a more accurate scale.

D.

mtbr member
    Also, if I buy a used one, and need to repaint it, where should I go for that? Or if I wanted to strip say just the rear, can I do that myself and with what? Would I have to polish it and then clear coat it?

Turner doesn't supply touch up paint, do they? (Red)

Thanks

SBob
    Yes, you can easily stip the rear by yourself. Get a Paint Stripper follow instructions and you can do it in a day or two (better to keep the stripper on the bike overnight).

http://eastwood.com/shopping/product...paint+stripper

Dependig on the quality of the painting it might take multiple applications to strip the paint of. The Paint on my 5-spot seems to be very (VERY!) thick and it does not have primer (at least in the rear part of the rear), so it should be easy to remove. If there is primer it might take longer because it is harder to strip. But is can be done safely and effectively even if a good primer is there.

You don't really need to coat the part (as long as you clean it periodically) but it might be a good idea to do so. Get a Spray can of Diamond clear coating http://eastwood.com/shopping/product...=diamond+clear

and you are in businness.

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    it might be possible to contact olympic pc directly. they have a web site. if not, you might ask turner for a hand. a pc job will far outlast and look way better than a home job but will cost many times more. ever consider annodizing it instead? my soon to be new "6pack and a nickle bag" will come annoed in about 6 more weeks. olympic is doin this work as well. gonna be sweet!
    No, I'm NOT back!