Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Fox DHX RC4??

  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: B-Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    750

    Fox DHX RC4??

    Howdy!

    My zocchi roco gave up the ghost Saturday (mounted to a 2008 Highline) while doing some DH riding at Seven Springs in Pennsylvania. Oil erupted out the rebound adjuster & all over the frame, thankfully missing the brake rotors. I've been kicking around the idea of replacing it with a 2011 8.5x2.5 Fox DHX RC4 & rebuilding the roco for a spare.

    Can someone - someone who has some significant time aboard one - give me their opinion of this shock? I'm a little concerned that the "boost valve" is just some flow restrictor like a platform & not sure I want that. I don't really have the dough for a CCDB or Avy right now so neither of those are on the table. I tend to use the highline for park/DH riding btw.

    Cheers,
    B-Mac

  2. #2
    Committed
    Reputation: 1soulrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,775
    Quote Originally Posted by B-Mac View Post
    Howdy!

    My zocchi roco gave up the ghost Saturday (mounted to a 2008 Highline) while doing some DH riding at Seven Springs in Pennsylvania. Oil erupted out the rebound adjuster & all over the frame, thankfully missing the brake rotors. I've been kicking around the idea of replacing it with a 2011 8.5x2.5 Fox DHX RC4 & rebuilding the roco for a spare.

    Can someone - someone who has some significant time aboard one - give me their opinion of this shock? I'm a little concerned that the "boost valve" is just some flow restrictor like a platform & not sure I want that. I don't really have the dough for a CCDB or Avy right now so neither of those are on the table. I tend to use the highline for park/DH riding btw.

    Cheers,
    B-Mac
    I found the RC4 to be a step up from the DHX on the Highline, but really perfered the feel of an Elka. The RC4 is less choked up than a DHX, but still has some of that harsh feel.
    The Elka provided the best belnd of super plush decending and traction while still pedaling decently.
    Unless you are getting a really good deal on a RC4 the Elka shouldn't cost any more.

  3. #3
    It's carbon dontcha know.
    Reputation: 6thElement's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,168
    Consider the Vivid, I've been really pleased with one on my Highline since I changed from the DHX.
    Rolling on 29", 650b, 8.3" and 23mm

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: B-Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    750
    Quote Originally Posted by 1soulrider View Post
    I found the RC4 to be a step up from the DHX on the Highline, but really perfered the feel of an Elka. The RC4 is less choked up than a DHX, but still has some of that harsh feel.
    The Elka provided the best belnd of super plush decending and traction while still pedaling decently.
    Unless you are getting a really good deal on a RC4 the Elka shouldn't cost any more.
    Quote Originally Posted by 6thElement View Post
    Consider the Vivid, I've been really pleased with one on my Highline since I changed from the DHX.
    I'll take a look at both of these shocks.

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

mtbr.com and the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation

(C) Copyright 1996-2018. All Rights Reserved.