Moosehead

Formula Brake Line Fittings Help

Just cut and fitted new Formula Oro Lines and seeking help please on new banjo fittings.

Does the plug (photo) fit all the way down into the hose opening before assembly, or does it seat properly when fitting link is tightened?

Once the fittings are assembled and properly torqued, the fittings seem solid but I am able to twist the banjo with moderate hand pressure, is this correct?

Thanks in advance, hoping to avoid trailside brake line premature ejac.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Formula Brake Line Fittings Help-img_0938.jpg  

Last edited by moosehead; 04-11-2010 at 08:24 AM.

Committed
    Quote Originally Posted by moosehead
    Just cut and fitted new Formula Oro Lines and seeking help please on new banjo fittings.

Does the plug (looks like a plunger with hole thru it) fit all the way down into the hose opening before assembly, or does it seat properly when fitting link is tightened?

Once the fittings are assembled and properly torqued, the fittings seem solid but I am able to twist the banjo with moderate hand pressure, is this correct?

Thanks in advance, hoping to avoid trailside brake line premature ejac.
    The 'plug' should be flush with the end on the cut line. I use a vice with the yellow 'line clamp' blocks that are supplied with older Shimano brakes to hold the line. I then take a rubber mallet and tap the plug down until it seats inside the line.
    I would not be happy with the banjo twisting by hand, it would make me worry the connection is not as solid as it should be.

MK_
    carpe maņana
    Quote Originally Posted by 1soulrider
    The 'plug' should be flush with the end on the cut line.
    +1

You risk the line popping out sometime down the line when you engage your brake.

_MK
    "No man goes before his time -- unless the boss leaves early."
    -- Marx, Groucho

Never enough time to ride
    +2

Definitely needs to be flush or it can pop out. Fittings should be solid and shouldn't move when they're all assembled.

happy trails...

squish
    Get out and ride!

Moosehead
    Thanks Turner Wrenches, you spared me some frustrations and dental work.

Once the plug was seated down onto the tube, the rest of the assembly set up tight and proper.