mtbr member

Which fork for Flux?

My new Flux frame should be arriving today. Shame on me for not having a fork ready to slap on it. If you could go back, which fork would you put on and why? I'm torn between RLT, Talas, and Reba.

I plan to race the bike at the sport-expert level but am not sure I want to sacrifice any plushness or adjustibility for the pure sake of being light. 1/2 heavier on the Talas might be a reasonable trade off.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Ive been happy with the F100x. It supposedly locks out when you get out of the saddle for a sprint, etc.

It is basically an RLT with a inertia valve.

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    im runnin a '04 talus rlc with a huge grin on my ugly mug. i love the adjustability of the thing to not only dial in the ride, but also to mess with geo depending on what or where im riding. lets talk about plush. well, ummmm... its really fruckin plush! kinda divey but i hear the factory has fixed most of that and push will be happy to fix the rest.

just about everything i read on the flux and the rlt shows it as the fave fork for this frame and a steller performer but ive got no time on one personally.

reports on the reba are also pretty positive but my history with the companys suspension products tends to have me leaveing out the "itive" part of that word, if you follow me.
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=cactuscorn] im runnin a '04 talus rlc with a huge grin on my ugly mug. [QUOTE]

This ugly mug could use a grin. I think I'm on board with ya. I have a talus on my soulcraft and haven't been on a ride where I didn't tweak the geo. Light-weight RLT is sexy as hell but when it comes down to it I think I'd rather roll in the sack with a fat chick.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    RLT 100. Coming off a 98 SID though so probably not the best "modern" tester. I do ride it hard and it does it all, FWIW.

ride
    I think the Reba is hard to beat, especially for the money. I've had a few forks on the Flux here and so far the Reba is my favorite. Honestly, I'm really surprised at how great the fork has really been. The Uturn travel adjust is handy, too. I've been using that a lot more than I thought I would. I like suspension to work all the time, but the handlebar lockout poploc is good if your racing will involve much road or smooth climbing.
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

good call on the pop lock for racing. didnt consider that one. yet i still question long term quality from a certain colorado manufacturer. i hope they prove me wrong as crap parts help no one.
    No, I'm NOT back!

ride
    Quote Originally Posted by cactuscorn
    yet i still question long term quality from a certain colorado manufacturer. i hope they prove me wrong as crap parts help no one.
    I agree - long term durability truly is the unknown with the Reba. At least SRAM customer service is head and shoulders above anything Rock Shox has done in the past!
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

aint that the truth! what a diff it is. almost makes me wanna call just to say hi. some good and super helpful inside reps and tech guys. we even share a laugh most times i call. and i kinda dig the ep via qbp program. makes it easy to fill orders w/ free shipping! weeeee! maybe things are good in colorado? man i hope so.
    No, I'm NOT back!

I think I need to Upgrade
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoPumpChump
    My new Flux frame should be arriving today. Shame on me for not having a fork ready to slap on it. If you could go back, which fork would you put on and why? I'm torn between RLT, Talas, and Reba.

I plan to race the bike at the sport-expert level but am not sure I want to sacrifice any plushness or adjustibility for the pure sake of being light. 1/2 heavier on the Talas might be a reasonable trade off.

I only have one word to say FOX!!!!

I have a Float 130RLT and I love it, I put in the shim to drop it to 100mm and it is perfect.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Anyone have a 2005 Manitou Minute 2 Fork on their flux?

Does anybody have any experience with a Manitou MInute 2 fork on their flux? I'm thinking of getting this fork for my Flux. Also considering Fox Float RL 100, it was on the Flux that I demoed.

Thanks
    Chris

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

... and if we just ... race forks for flux

Quote Originally Posted by TwoPumpChump

-----------
    I've raced my med flux for a few months now in Australia with reba race forks + pop loc incl a 24hr, 8hr, a 100km epic (yesterday) and many 6hr training rides. I had an S works Enduro before with Talas (which my daughter now has - she doesn't know how lucky she is!). I run the Rebas at full 115mm with 130lb + and -ve air. I'm 77kg in riding gear. It is less plush than the talas over small bumps but same (v good) over rocks and drops. It's only the steepest climbs that I find the front wheel wandering a bit and moving to the nose of the seat fixes it. The pop loc is good and I find I use it for 50% of climbs (long ones mostly). I trashed the screw that holds the pop loc cable to the top of the fork leg and rode the 100km yesterday with no pop loc and didn't notice I didn't have it! So maybe I'll just leave it off from now on. Hope this helps. By the way my flux is 11kg (24lb) race ready (incl pump + bike computer).