mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Fork for a Burner!!

I looking at buying a spanking new Burner frame with the Manitou swinger 3 way air shock spv from Supergo.I'm not sure what fork I should get to go with it,I'd planned to use a fox float rlc but am now thinking maybe a Manitou fork would balance it out better.Can anyone recommend a fork which might be worth having a look at?.

mtbr member
    Sorry I cant really help you. I have Duke SL on my bike and that doesn't seem to be very popular fork. But I am partial to the Manitou Minute though. Thanks what I would get if I had it all to do over again.
    "That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do- not that the nature of the thing is changed, but that our power to do is increased" Ralph Waldo Emerson.

~~~~~~~~
    We'll be anticipating DGC's response since it sounds like he's getting some time in on a SPV f&r 5spot setup.

I've done a small amount of riding with a Float propedal/TalasR setup at 100 and 125. The Burner really handled well at 125, the adjustability of the fork is a great feature.

mtbr member

manitou minute two

I ordered my burner from wrenchscience.com a few weeks back. They suggested the manitou minute two. It is a nice light (3.4lb) 100mm fork. I haven't riden it yet because the frame is still being made but i trust the people at wrenchscience.com. they have talked me out of several other purchases so they seem genuine and not just out there to sell stuff. I am around 150lb and will be running a fox float with propedal.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Pick your Poison, Fox Float 100, Manitou Black 100, Manitou Minute, Marzochi MX Comp, Pro, or SL. All will work well. Personally, if your butget allows, I would go the Fox or Minute. If you can only afford a $250-300 fork, Marzhochi MX. Personally, I have the Float 100.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

also check out.....

Quote Originally Posted by CDMC
    Pick your Poison, Fox Float 100, Manitou Black 100, Manitou Minute, Marzochi MX Comp, Pro, or SL. All will work well. Personally, if your butget allows, I would go the Fox or Minute. If you can only afford a $250-300 fork, Marzhochi MX. Personally, I have the Float 100.

the marzocchi marathon s 105 would also work well.....i think superho also has it on sale for about $320.....the eta is nice for climbing

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Get a Ronin

Consider a Magura Ronin?
    It has SPV technology and are very good.

Motion activated
    www.greenfishsports.com has the MANITOU BLACK ELITE 80/100 for $199. Hard to beat if you're on a budget.

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

A vastly underrated fork....

Quote Originally Posted by Steve71
    www.greenfishsports.com has the MANITOU BLACK ELITE 80/100 for $199. Hard to beat if you're on a budget.
    It is stiff, fairly light, and super adjustable. Plus, it looks great. I have ridden one. They ride as well, if not better, then many of the super forks: Fox or Marzocchi. Plus, for $200. Great deal.

Jaybo

PS from a reformed Manitou hater.