mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Fork Adapter for 1.5 inch stem

Dear Homers:

Is there an adapter that one could use to make a 1.25 inch steerer tube fit a 1.50 stem? I really like some of the shorter downhill stems (all 1.50 inches), but my forks are 1.25 or 1.50 to 1.25 tapered. Thank you.

ForestHorse

mtbr member

The diff..

In diameter is 3/8" which would make the adapter very thick, this will make it difficult to flex and clamp the steering tube
    There might be a solution, like the one that is presented here, but I dont know of one.

Quote Originally Posted by ForestHorse
    Dear Homers:

Is there an adapter that one could use to make a 1.25 inch steerer tube fit a 1.50 stem? I really like some of the shorter downhill stems (all 1.50 inches), but my forks are 1.25 or 1.50 to 1.25 tapered. Thank you.

ForestHorse
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    A different angle on bikes:
    www.ofanaim.net/has.html

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ForestHorse
    Dear Homers:

ForestHorse
    You mean a 1 1/8" steer tube? Not sure I have heard of a 1 1/4", at least not for a while anyways. If it is 1 1/8", you have so many cool choices for short stems I do not know where to begin!I

Delirious Tuck
    there's a ton of 1 1/8'' options in the 45-70 MM range...

Raceface
    Blkmkt
    Chromag
    Azonic
    Gravity

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Thank you, all. Yes, Inkpad - 1 and 1/8, not 1.25. Seems I have bigger problems than finding an adapter since I can't even quote my steerer tube correctly. I will look among Friar's suggested brands. Thanks again!

Regards,

FHorse