Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Forget your troubles, enjoy this sunrise pic

Absolutely no bike content. However, it was a beautiful sunrise on the Front Range this morning. Helps to balance out the crap I read in the morning newspaper.
    Last edited by xcguy; 04-03-2011 at 12:02 PM.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

mtbr member
    Aloha,

Thanks for sharing. Looks good.

Here's another one. It's a time lapse video from our webcam up on the mountain from about midnight on. The moon was up, that's why the "dome" is lighted but the moon sets so it gets awfully dark.......and then the sun rises from the East (right side).

http://www.cfht.hawaii.edu/webcams/c...7-cfhtdome.mpg

Aloha,
    g

trail fairy
    Aye Jimmi she be a stunning evenin tonight, whaddya reckon me ole mate

Red sky at night shepherd's delight. ‥Red sky in the morning shepherd's warning

xcguy sorry, another great pic from the front range huh?
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

illiterate or intoxicated

Bahia de la Ventana

Baja California Sur
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg AA.jpg (139.7 KB, 516 views)
    "One often finds their destiny on the road taken to avoid it" - Master Ugway

banned
    Man, I haven't seen the sun in weeks. We've had 5 days of snow, and on and off today, along with setting record cold temps. We are only having highs still in the minus range.

We're in the same weather radius as Moscow!

Large member
    Fantastic shots guys, great work. Cameras? Settings? Enquiring minds want to know

Nice to see good weather somewhere. We've had as low as -12 here this week which causes the entire country to grind to a halt.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    Man, I haven't seen the sun in weeks. We've had 5 days of snow, and on and off today, along with setting record cold temps. We are only having highs still in the minus range.

We're in the same weather radius as Moscow!
    Minus what? -2 degrees centigrade is downright balmy here (in the 20s F.)
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidybeard
    Fantastic shots guys, great work. Cameras? Settings? Enquiring minds want to know

Nice to see good weather somewhere. We've had as low as -12 here this week which causes the entire country to grind to a halt.
    That one I took with my Nikon D40. Download this free program and you can read the exif data for yourself:

http://www.photome.de/

Dishwasher Safe
    Last edited by deadbolt; 01-07-2009 at 05:21 PM.

mtbr member
    wow that's gorgeous! any photoshop at all?
    windhoar, you're photo is amazing as well!
    gahhhhh i LOVE sky pictures, especially sunsets.

my day has pretty much been made!

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by windhoar
    Baja California Sur
    Ah the Big the Sur, love it

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by deadbolt
    Hey deadbolt the links to your pics were in my inbox but I don't see them here.

Dishwasher Safe
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy
    Hey deadbolt the links to your pics were in my inbox but I don't see them here.
    Interesting. Did you like them?

illiterate or intoxicated
    Pentax Optio compact point and shoot camera. No photoshop. Just lucky.

Thanks for the compliments.
    "One often finds their destiny on the road taken to avoid it" - Master Ugway

not so super...
    Thanks! I needed some sun. It's freekin cold and snowing here in Kentucky.
    Nothing to see here.

Powered by ice cream.

Let me add this from a couple dawns ago.
Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

trail fairy

We getting Sizzled !

Geez one extreme to another

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4812848a11.html
    It's a sizzler: temperatures soar nationwide

By MICHAEL FOX - Stuff.co.nz | Thursday, 08 January 2009Much of New Zealand sweltered in unusually hot weather today, with reports the mercury topped 40 degrees Celsius in Christchurch.
    Hotter than normal temperatures were widespread over New Zealand with 12 locations between Timaru and Gisborne recording temperatures of more than 30C, MetService spokesman Bob McDavitt said.
    Police tonight urged motorists on the Desert Road to exercise caution due the extreme heat causing the tar seal on the road to melt and lift.
    A spokeswoman said sand had been put down on the road but this has also made conditions slippery.
    The MetService had recorded air temperatures up to 35.7C in Christchurch, which made it the hottest day of the summer so far and neared its January record high of 35.9 degrees in 1979.
    However, Christchurch-based weather analyst Richard Green reported temperatures of 40C in the early afternoon with the suburb of Barrington reaching 41C, Cashmere 40C and Christchurch city 38C.
    MetService spokesperson Nic Bonnette said a ridge of high pressure over the Mainland, combined with north-westerly winds blowing across the ranges, was creating the high temperatures; a weather pattern known as the "Fohn Effect".
    "So, much of the areas down that east coast [of the South Island] will be getting quite warm temperatures," she said.
    Around Christchurch, Lyttelton was also 33 degrees, while further north Blenheim was 30. Middlemarch and Cromwell have so far peaked at 29.
    However, the run of good weather is set to end as a cold front prepares to cross the South Island tomorrow, she said.
    In the North Island, Tauranga and Gisborne topped the recordings with 28 degrees.
    Police are asking motorists to exercise caution when travelling through the Desert Road this evening, with extreme heat on the Central Plateau causing the tar seal on the road to melt and lift.
    The good weather is set to last until Saturday.
    HOT OUTLOOK
    New Zealanders are looking set to enjoy a long hot summer.
    Temperatures through to March are likely to be average or above average across the country, the National Institute of Water and Atmospheric Research (Niwa) said today.
    It was likely to be drier than average in the south, but rainfall in the north was expected to be normal or above normal.
    Niwa predicted more easterlies than normal in the north but lighter winds than normal in the south.
    Moderate La Nina conditions were likely to continue into autumn, it said.
    There was a slightly higher chance of an ex-tropical cyclone passing within 500km of the country during the cyclone season through to May.
    Me my boy struggled today not pretty in our daks

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Interesting. Did you like them?
    I saw that you had edited your first post and maybe that meant you'd taken your pics off this thread for some reason and only those with the pics in their inbox could see them. Lucky me.

Anyhoo, nah, they were all just the same amateurish stuff you shoot. I had to work with them in Picasa to make them worthy. NOT! They were stunning as usual. The "Malibu" pic wouldn't come up (404 Not Found) but the others were great, as usual. Did you take the Horseshoe Bend pic last fall after the THC? I used to have pics of that taken with a 2mp HP camera from years ago but fortunately I lost all those pics in a hard drive crash.

Dishwasher Safe
    Did you take the Horseshoe Bend pic last fall after the THC? I used to have pics of that taken with a 2mp HP camera from years ago but fortunately I lost all those pics in a hard drive crash.
    Glad you liked them. Yeah, the Horseshoe Bend shot was during my road trip after the THC. I kinda got screwed that whole trip as blue skies followed me everywhere. I hung out at Horseshoe Bend for two days and didn't get squat. I noticed clouds were rolling in the next day on my drive to the North Rim. After driving about 100 miles, I gambled and turned around and headed back. Luckily there were some clouds I got a few decent shots.

Bummer on the HD crash. My biggest fear is that my laptop would get stolen from my truck and I'd lose weeks worth of stuff.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Glad you liked them. Yeah, the Horseshoe Bend shot was during my road trip after the THC. I kinda got screwed that whole trip as blue skies followed me everywhere. I hung out at Horseshoe Bend for two days and didn't get squat. I noticed clouds were rolling in the next day on my drive to the North Rim. After driving about 100 miles, I gambled and turned around and headed back. Luckily there were some clouds I got a few decent shots.

Bummer on the HD crash. My biggest fear is that my laptop would get stolen from my truck and I'd lose weeks worth of stuff.
    That's what separates the Pros from the Joes, the desire to get the shot whatever it takes. Did you drive down Moki Dugway and out into Monument Valley, then turn around? Maybe I'm getting my scenic Utah viewpoints mixed up.

One time I was in my Honda Civic that got 40 mpg. Gas was around $1 so driving around didn't really cost me anything. I was planning on camping around Bridges National Monument (if you haven't been on a photographic foray there you should). It was early in the day so...I drove down past the Grand Gulch area, took those pics at Horse Shoe Bend, down Moki, over east, through Bluff, north to Blanding, west over Comb Ridge and on to Bridges, all in about 3 hours. What a scenic area.

Fortes Fortuna Iuvat
    Wonderful pics!

Here are a few of my own, sorry mine aren't near as good. I'm not much of a photographer! Since I'm a night owl (and not an early bird ) my pictures are of sunsets, not of sunrises. Haha.

The first is a sunset from the top of the mountains.
    The second is a rainy sunset from a Mt. top lake.
    The third is the sun setting over some farm land.
    The last 2 pics were shot from the same place as the first, but slightly earlier in the day. Amazingly, this area is known as "Sunset Rocks". Lol.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Maverick Durance Ano-DUC32/C KING/XTR
    Mav ML8 Ano-DUC32/X0
    Mav ML8-DUC32/I9/XTR
    09 Spec. Demo-Totem-Ti DHX
    Norco Team DH

banned
    Minus what? -2 degrees centigrade is downright balmy here (in the 20s F.)
    Hah! We cleared -26C and set a record!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Well, Homers, it's been one spectacular sunrise then sunset around here all week. Allow me to show you this mornings' sunrise:
    Last edited by xcguy; 04-03-2011 at 12:02 PM.

steep fast and loose :)
    wow - that's wondrous - where are you ? i'm in NE Scotland

Dishwasher Safe
    Great colors in those xc!

• Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast