MK_
    carpe maņana

Forget the TNT and the HL, I got something else!

I was itching for a proper urban bike. I was riding a XC convert for a while, but it was aluminum and obviously didn't have a proper geometry. I finally found what I was looking for and built it up last night. Went out for an hour, during my lunch break, doing some urban assault on some local "terrain" and I am in love. The frame is a Balfa Minuteman, fork is a PIKE team with x-tra firm springs. Rest comes from my previous build. This is the most confidence inspiring ride in the urban jungle I have ever ridden. The picture quality is poor, but the days are getting short. One of these days when I get home from work a bit earlier, maybe there will be enough light to take some proper ones. Cheers!

_MK
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "No man goes before his time -- unless the boss leaves early."
    -- Marx, Groucho

Gone riding
    Jan 2004
    Haven't seen a MM for a while!! You'll have to get a spectator to take some action shots sometime.

Cheers, Dave.

Mexican e-rider

you got cojones!

If my wife ever caught me with my bike on top of the table/coffe table she would put my a$$ on the doghouse ASAP! You better erase that post and get rid of the evidence!!!
    "Hell, the Titus Moderator can't pass a cantina without gettin' the shakes"

Bite Me.
    So I assume you'll be listing the Spot in the classifieds soon. Urban Assault - watch MK's vocabulary start dropping to mono-syllablic grunts interspersed with a heavy dose of cuss words, tattered old jeans for riding wear, a mullet and a skate board helmet covered with Motley Crue stickers! Nice ride Dude.
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

not so super...
    I stopped by the LBS yesterday to pick up some cable housing and they had just received a new SC Chameleon frame in a Semi-tranparent blue that just happened to be my size!!!

Too bad I used up all my good parts from my spares bin to build the wifey an XCE (it's almost done, just have to run the cables.) Pics soon.
    Nothing to see here.

MK_
    carpe maņana
    Quote Originally Posted by cutthroat
    So I assume you'll be listing the Spot in the classifieds soon. Urban Assault - watch MK's vocabulary start dropping to mono-syllablic grunts interspersed with a heavy dose of cuss words, tattered old jeans for riding wear, a mullet and a skate board helmet covered with Motley Crue stickers! Nice ride Dude.
    F**k man, you F**kin got me figured pretty F**kin good, damn I'm F**kin impressed!

Speaking of skateboard helmets, though, if you're looking for a comfortable lid, either do it all or winter riding or urban, like myself, check out www.bernunlimited.com. I spent some time at I-bike trying on all sorts of helmets and these were amazingly comfortable. They also come with variety of liners anything from a beanie for winter to water sports, etc. Can't wait 'till they start selling them in January.

_MK
    -- Marx, Groucho

MK_
    carpe maņana
    Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    I stopped by the LBS yesterday to pick up some cable housing and they had just received a new SC Chameleon frame in a Semi-tranparent blue that just happened to be my size!!!

Too bad I used up all my good parts from my spares bin to build the wifey an XCE (it's almost done, just have to run the cables.) Pics soon.
    I rode an aluminum frame around town for a while, doing the urban thing on it and those landing stung on it. Steel is so much nicer, I wouldn't recommend the chameleon for asphalt and concrete use.

Curious to see the finished build on that XCE. You're a good man for trying to get your wife into this. I failed misserably with my girlfriend.

_MK
    -- Marx, Groucho

MK_
    carpe maņana

Proper fotos

Man, I am itching for the Rebel XT, but this little S500 that could, is all I've got. Anyway, here are some better photos of the Balfa. The green tires sure are ugly, but I haven't found a tire that works better for the type of riding that I do on this bike.

And check out the cable routing. I love it. No zip ties, no loose hoses, just simple and elegant.

_MK
    -- Marx, Groucho