Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: grunf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    55

    Flux TNT rear shock

    My 2006 frame was replaced in late 2008 (warranty issue) but only the front triangle. So now I want replace the shock, I've the opportunity to buy Manitou Swinger Air 4-Way SPV Shock. Someone have this shock on a Flux?

  2. #2
    Moosehead
    Reputation: moosehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,900
    not sure, but it sounds like other homers had challenges with SPV? best in class is rp23 pushed for flux if you can swing it, no pun intended.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: nybike1971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,817
    What's wrong with your RP3?

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: grunf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    55
    the opportunity for the change is only the cost of 160 euro for a new manitou swinger.

  5. #5
    Lay off the Levers
    Reputation: Bikezilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    10,115
    Sounds about the same price to get your RP3 Pushed. I'd go that way in a heartbeat.
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

  6. #6
    Too easily annoyed.
    Reputation: morgan1819's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    293
    +1 on zilla's comment. A Push'd RP-3 is as good as it gets on that bike.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: grunf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    55

    Bonking ... not feelin' well

    Quote Originally Posted by Bikezilla
    Sounds about the same price to get your RP3 Pushed. I'd go that way in a heartbeat.
    Perhaps in the States... I live in Italy (Fox RP23 about 440 euro, service 126 euro without cost of expedition ; PUSHED not available)

  8. #8
    Lay off the Levers
    Reputation: Bikezilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    10,115
    There are no Push services anywhere in Europe? I thought there was a place. My bad.
    Can you just send the shock to Push USA? The shipping can't be that bad and since it's already your shock, there shouldn't be any duty fees right? Plus the dollar ain't what it used to be so you might even be doing better on the exchange.
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

  9. #9
    Bite Me.
    Reputation: cutthroat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,541
    I ran an older Swinger 4-way on my Spot and it was a very nice shock, but it seems better suited to a 5-6" all mountain rig rather than an XC machine like the Flux. The 4-ways are not particularly light weight, but if that doesn't matter to you, give it a go. They are very plush when set up properly and the ability to dial in the BO resistance and SPV values with the No-tools adjustment knob is a nice feature.
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tholarsch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    82

    TF Tuned does PUSH in Europe

    TF Tuned does PUSH in Europe!!!

    He does it for 120 + shipping.

    So get that RP3 Pushed!

    http://www.tftunedshox.com/index.php

    Tholarsch

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    667
    Swinger Air shocks suck, and I am a Manitou fan

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: grunf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    55

    ... and if we just ...

    Quote Originally Posted by cutthroat
    I ran an older Swinger 4-way on my Spot and it was a very nice shock, but it seems better suited to a 5-6" all mountain rig rather than an XC machine like the Flux. The 4-ways are not particularly light weight, but if that doesn't matter to you, give it a go. They are very plush when set up properly and the ability to dial in the BO resistance and SPV values with the No-tools adjustment knob is a nice feature.
    The weight doesn't matter, I'm 82Kg so the weight of the shock can't influence my ride. Thanks for the information.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: grunf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikezilla
    There are no Push services anywhere in Europe? I thought there was a place. My bad.
    Can you just send the shock to Push USA? The shipping can't be that bad and since it's already your shock, there shouldn't be any duty fees right? Plus the dollar ain't what it used to be so you might even be doing better on the exchange.
    There are Push service in GB www.tftunedshox.com but the cost is about 170 euro with expeditions.
    The shipping cost USA to Italy is about 50$, but the tax is 8% on the goods+cost of expedition and on the result another 20%.
    Waiting to make a decision yesterday night I've disassembled the fox and changed the shaft oring refueled the oil and now is like new. I make this operation every 1000km 3-4 times in a Year, but the operation is a little tricky (the refilling of oil and nitrogen) on shock without separate oil reservoir. The manitou swinger have a separate reservoir.

  14. #14
    banned
    Reputation: Jerk_Chicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    16,480
    Push Fox over a Swinger. On top of that, weight?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •