mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Flux rear on spot?

Anyone tried a 08 Flux rear on a 08 Spot front. And if so did it change the head tube angle?

mtbr member
    The Spot shown in this thread has a Flux rear:

1x9 Setups

PM shootz, I'm sure he'd be happy to tell you more about it.

MK_
    carpe maņana
    My wife's 08 Spot has a Flux rear triangle on it. It never had a 5 Spot one, so I don't have a reference, but I know the chainstay is about an 1/8th of an in shorter. It is also about 0.35lbs lighter.

Based on the info I got from the person who sold me the frame, the geometry was unaffected, with exception of the shorter chainstay, that is.

_MK
    "No man goes before his time -- unless the boss leaves early."
    -- Marx, Groucho

Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004
    Christina (DT's wife) was running a Flux rear on her 08 Spot. Not sure if there were any geometry changes.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Not sure about 08, but I used to sell Turners extensively, and in the Horst Link years they shared the exact same rear end.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzle
    Not sure about 08, but I used to sell Turners extensively, and in the Horst Link years they shared the exact same rear end.
    Flux and Spot rear triangles were the same until (and including) 2006. In 2007 and 2008 the Spot and RFX shared a new asymmetric rear triangle. 2006 and 2007 Flux rear triangles are identical, but the 2008 Flux rear triangle changed to asymmetric design and lighter (ex-Nitrous rear triangle).