Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Flux Owners --

Silence and Thunder...

New question here. Flux Owners --

Any of you not happy with anything about your Flux??

--I'm thinking about adding one to my stable soon, and please, let's not speculate about TNT just yet. Just impressions of what you already ride.

thnx!
    ...every day sends future to past...

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    one issue with the RP3 which was replaced with 1 phone call to Turner. Solid bike great ride

cask conditioned
    I'm getting tired of my Flux screaming at me, "Faster b!tch! FASTER!"
    Buy a bell, help the trails....

http://www.corbamtb.com/store/store.shtml

where are we eating?

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    im tired of not being able to ride it every day. friggin work! now go buy one!
    No, I'm NOT back!

gravity curmudgeon
    Flux love here. It is a fantastic ride, fast and light but can still make me think I am on a longer travel bike when the going gets rough.

so true cow. 2 weeks ago i did a weenie little 1.5 mile d/h race on mine. it wasnt much to get excited about, a few ultra sharp corners and some long low air but nuthin too techy. it was, however, very friggin fast and over tons of roots and some baby heads all in soft off camber soil. this bike rocked!

last week i took her down some stairs and muddy 1 track. same deal. this thing kicks every high expectation i had square in the nads and shows me more is there waiting for me to catch up to it. amazing ride.

this is now my 2nd turner and i may own a 3rd in the next 2 or 3 months. david says pack, i wanted a spot but hes pretty convincing.
    No, I'm NOT back!

Mexican e-rider

Stickers

mmmmm.... only fault I can find is the "Turner" stickers come off pretty easily.... oh that and the ICT ones (not a problem anymore though!)
    "Hell, the Titus Moderator can't pass a cantina without gettin' the shakes"

yep...

Quote Originally Posted by elmadaleno
    mmmmm.... only fault I can find is the "Turner" stickers come off pretty easily.... oh that and the ICT ones (not a problem anymore though!)
    but i just dont like em. they look flimsy and i prefer the old bold look. take a peek at my upgrade. feel free to copy as i havent secured a patent, yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    No, I'm NOT back!

Never enough time to ride
    The next thing you know, everyone will be doing it and Cactuscorn will be sending them his own "special spatula" stickers .

I do like the older stickers better though. I wasn't riding his bike last week, but it sure looked like it was working really really well for him, especially the enormous amount of mud clearance. That was some nasty crap, still picking it out of the nooks and crannies on the Burner man, but a great ride any how.

happy trails...

squish
    Get out and ride!

what a hoot!

"special spatula stickers"! damn thats friggin funny man. put this spatula on yer bike and ya owe me a beer or ill sue.

surprise, rain. surprise, instant no traction and tons of sticky sloppy mud. welcome to siuox city pal. why do ya think ive had so much time to post this week? cant friggin ride till it drys out which should be this weekend after we got more rain earlyer this week.

for fast xc and light air with big bumps, ive known no better than my flux. cant wait to get it back home in the desert! hurry up and get to work squish before i lose my shot this year!
    No, I'm NOT back!

Never enough time to ride
    I'm workin on it, I'm workin on it. You gotta e me those pics, my dad doesn't believe me about that stuff. Can't believe you got more rain, and here my only excuse is this bloody cold.

I'll stop hijacking this thread now, and back to your regularly scheduled programming.

happy trails...

squish
    Get out and ride!

Silence and Thunder...

I'm getting tired of my Flux screaming at me, "Faster b!tch! FASTER!"

That was my impression when I demo'ed one awhile back. I ended up choosing a spot because it felt so different (and good!) to me...something I could grow in to.
    However, I keep catching myself wishing I was on a Flux from time to time..
    I really like the spot and have a lot to learn from it, but too often I wish I was just making better time. I suspect I'll add a Flux to the line up before too long, then when I want to ride, I can 'choose my weapon', so to speak.

Thanks for all the POSITIVE posts! Keep them coming!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by xjbebop
    No. I even dig the stickers.

What's not to like about the love child of the Nitrous and 5 Spot? It's equally at home racing or trail riding- by far the fastest all around bike I have ridden. The Turner 29"er could very well claim that crown once it arrives, but it won't be easy surpassing the standard set by the Flux.

I'm lucky enough to also have a 5 Spot (with a completely different set up), and like being able to choose between the two based on which trails I'm riding and how I feel on a particular day.
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Good job!

The Flux is awesome. It has exceeded my expectations. The suspension is responsive to the terrain, its quick and light. It handles wonderfully on the "ups" and "downs". Great in the curves and corners. I have had no issues with this bike.

mtbr member
    I've been riding mine right at a year now, and still can't believe how much I enjoy it every time I go for a ride. Best I've ever had!

Silence and Thunder...

All positive!

(except for the recent 'carnage') Everyone sounds VERY happy w/ their Flux.

Now if I can just get this car sold, I can place my order...

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

some positive comments

Great to hear positive comments about a Turner product. At one time it was always positive, then this whole TNT controversy made it look like the Turner line was going down the tubes. I cannot believe any Turner product is going to be less than well built, finely crafted and great riding. The difference between a good bike and a great bike is in how well the particular bike is crafted and DT has that part down.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Greg from Turner sent out my replacement this morning! 1 e-mail and one phone call just to follow up...5 mins. How's that for customer service

Mexican e-rider

New Decals

Hey Cactuscorn, I hope you don't go green with envy! checkout these decals!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

nice! are those last years spot stickers? i like, elma.
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by elmadaleno
    Hey Cactuscorn, I hope you don't go green with envy! checkout these decals!!
    Ding Ding Ding....We have a winner!!! That would look great with a Silver Reba with the white decals....

oh yeah! NOW whos the winner?! ya gonna do it? shame to downgrade the fork but, damn that would look sweet!
    No, I'm NOT back!

Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by xjbebop

--I'm thinking about adding one to my stable soon, and please, let's not speculate about TNT just yet. Just impressions of what you already ride.

thnx!
    I Have one of the demo Fluxes from last year and it has been absolutely the bike I wanted it to be. It is just as fast uphill as the Stinger it replaces and is a smokin' descender for a 4" XC racer/light trailbike. The frame and RP3 have been faultless. I enjoy just looking at it as a piece of mechanical art when it's hanging on its rack at home. If you have owned another Turner in the past, you'll take to a Flux immediately. I don't know the secret sauce that DT puts into his frames, but it's so easy to hop off of one and get on another and feel immediately at home. At the Interbike Demo, I went from a Nitrous to a Flux to a Spot and they all felt familiar and comfortable from the get-go. It's amazing.

Mexican e-rider

Spot Stickers

Yup, I got them on the Turner store. Unfortunately the other side did not quite end up as straight as this one but it kicks a$$.

Cactuscorn: are you running a Float 130?

hi again elmo. i saw those and considered them alot before goin with the grey. both look sweet and im ot sure whos is sweeter. thats acctually a '04 talus rlc i got on closeout from one of my bike vendors earlyer this year. i shoulda been arested for theft at the price i paid. tryin to finagel another one as we speak for my old trusty burner. gawd i love this fork.
    No, I'm NOT back!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast