mtbr member

Flux on the loose!

While hiking through the woods last weekend I came upon a Turner Flux in its natuaral habitat. Luckily I had a camera and was able to shoot this rare photo. I stood there adimiring the creature for quite some time. The Flux must have realized that I wouldn't hurt it because it let me come near. I usually hike with cycling shoes, a helmet and a Camelbak, so I thought I'd try to hop on it. The Flux cooperated! Once we started moving I realized why people spend so much time and money training and riding these wild beasts! The woods began to blur. Turns became effortless and we flew up and down the hills. It was truly amazing. After two hours man and beast had become one. Now we are inseparable. Flux looks at me every night when I come home from work and looks me in the eye with that begging yet confident look that says "when are we going back to the woods?". Soon, I say...real soon.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Baked Alaskan
    Your post reads like a "Penthouse Letter" -- I'm a little frightened.

Cool Flux none the less.
    The red couch has moved from Alaska to Florida...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by farmertan
    While hiking through the woods last weekend I came upon a Turner Flux in its natuaral habitat.
    This is obviously a hoax. How do you explain that green stuff up in the trees?
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have.

mtbr member
    Not really a hoax...just a creative way of sharing a good photo of my baby

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Mine is leaning up against the wall and speaks as well. In fact, between the Flux, my roadie and my hardtail, I SWEAR I hear the three of them laughing at me while I toil on the trainer every night, struggling to get past the damn twenty minute mark.

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    very cool pic. very cool story. obviously a very cool bike. congrats pal!
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by miles e
    This is obviously a hoax. How do you explain that green stuff up in the trees?
    Oh, yeah, the picture really WAS taken last weekend. The green stuff in the trees is explained by the fact the picture was taken in Florida. Spring is in full swing here, evidenced by green trees and yellow cars.