Thread: Float R on rfx

mtbr member

Float R on rfx

OK, so it's not a pushed rp23, but as a backup to my pushed DHX (which is currently in dire need of a service) and for those days when I want to lighten the bike a little, is this worth doing?

~~~~~~~~
    I run the PP stuff off on the RP23 all the time and lightest setting on the RP3. Makes me think there is nothing I "need" on the RP's, but if the Float R has medium or heavy dampening on the PP I wouldn't like it. Aren't Turners not supposed to need PP anyway?

mtbr member
    Yeah, I don't care for lockouts and pedal platforms, but I appreciate the ability to adjust the compression damping depending on the terrain and my hangover on any particular day.

Are there different air cans on the r as on the rp23/DHX air etc? Which one should I be looking at?

mtbr member
    06 RFX? how much do you weigh? if you are close or over 200 lbs get a low volume can. This has been discussed many times, You can do a search. 06 RFX is less friendly to air rear shocks than 07/08 in my experiece of owning an 06 and 08 and being over 200 lbs.