Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

Finding a spare HL Spot rear end?

I would like to find a rear HL end just in case I have a problem. I'm not trying to start a TNT debate or discussion, please no more, but I want to ride that Spot for many more years. Anybody have any ideas.

Jaybo

PS Do your pivots work as well post bushing change as new?

Rolling
    That actually should be easy since there are so many who have adopted the TNT. They are prolly wanting to get rid if it since it's outdated technology.

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    tell ya what pal. im about to embark on a tnt test over the next 2 weeks. if i find i like it as much as the hl, id be happy to trade mine out for a new style rear if you can provide one. not sure this is what ya want or not but its a idea to consider.
    No, I'm NOT back!

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

Great!

Quote Originally Posted by lidarman
    That actually should be easy since there are so many who have adopted the TNT. They are prolly wanting to get rid if it since it's outdated technology.
    Well, you tell me how much you want for the one of those crappy HL rear ends. I must be stupid to want such outdated technology but I do

Jaybo

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybo
    Well, you tell me how much you want for the one of those crappy HL rear ends. I must be stupid to want such outdated technology but I do

Jaybo
    Well I think the odds of a rear breaking on a Turner seem slim so having a spare almost seems like making the wrong bet! Like buying the extended warranty on a modern electronic device.

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

A good point....

Well I think the odds of a rear breaking on a Turner seem slim so having a spare almost seems like making the wrong bet! Like buying the extended warranty on a modern electronic device.
    But, I worry about the pivots get ovalized or something happening when bushings are changed.

Good point though...

Jaybo

No, that's not phonetic
    Turner has HL rear ends in reserve for warranty replacements. If you bust something in the next few years, I bet they will have you covered.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    I've got one, but I've decided to hold it in reserve in case I ever have problems with the TNT.

BUT, since I'm in Hood River and I believe you're in PTLD or Vancouver, PM me if you ever need it in a pinch. It's just hangin around in the garage, where I suspect it will always be!

The rental/borrow fee would be exactly one beer.

Kosmo
    The drive towards achievement and success is the motive power of civilization.

But, I worry about the pivots get ovalized or something happening when bushings are changed.
    Jay you worry a lot dont you?

Quote Originally Posted by kosmo
    I've got one, but I've decided to hold it in reserve in case I ever have problems with the TNT.

The rental/borrow fee would be exactly one beer.

Kosmo
    Now thats the spirit! Sounds like a damn good price too!

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    They break just like everything else.

A friend of mine broke his. The funny thing is that he doesn't do jumps or drops. His style is to speedup at every obstacle...lift the front wheel over.. and let the rear bash into it. I remember when he did that at a curb. The rear wheel hit so hard that he "pinch" flatted a Stan's filled rear tire.

Like always... Turner replaced the rear at no charge.

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

Yep

Quote Originally Posted by CDtofer
    Jay you worry a lot dont you?

Now thats the spirit! Sounds like a damn good price too!
    I found the perfect bike for me. I like HL bikes. I don't want to screw up anything by having to change a thing about my beloved Spot.

Jaybo

mtbr member
    I found the perfect bike for me. I like HL bikes. I don't want to screw up anything by having to change a thing about my beloved Spot.

Jaybo
    Check your PM's

Jaybo

Dude,
    Understandable, I was just ribbin you. I was trying to get you to focus on the bright side which was that there was someone that was willing to help a brother out. I would imagine you will always be able to find someone selling a spare if you truly need it. I would also imagine that at least in the near future DT/Turner crew would do whatever they could to take care of you also, that is something else that should give you piece of mind.

Cheers
    Chris