mtbr member

Finally my XXX rated 5-spot is built!!

Man, I am so jazzed up about having this thing built, I gotta share the pics.
    I did my first ride Saturday, and busted out 20 miles simply because I was having too much fun to stop. This is my 5th Turner, so I thought I knew what to expect, but the sweet ride still took me by surprise. I feel so lucky that I got build my dream bike.
    Here are the specs:
    Med. 5-spot
    Fox Van. 125 RLC
    Hayes Mag Plus brakes
    FSA Carbon team cranks, platinum pro BB, Orbit Ex Pro headset and a set of the new
    FSA wheels
    Sram x9 drivetrain with xt front der.
    Azonic Carbon bar
    Thomson post and stem
    SDG/Turner ti railed saddle
    Shimano 959 pedals
    Michelin 2.2 comp 24 lights

With 2.1 xc tires, the weight is 27.5 lbs.
    With the 850 gram 2.2 it is 28.5 lbs.
    The only changes I need to make is that I need a stiffer spring for the fork, and a 90mm stem instead of the 70mm that I have now and it will be perfect for me.
    Hope you guys enjoy the pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    SEI Racing

banned
    Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...love seat.

You're breaking the mold of the "generic bike leaning against a couch" picture.

Roy
    mtbr member
    Man, that love seat looks comfortable as hell.....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy
    Man, that love seat looks comfortable as hell.....

Yeah, it is, but it has a vacancy sign on it now that my spot is built up.
    SEI Racing

mtbr member

Cool-blue Rhythm One Sweet Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy R
    I did my first ride Saturday, and busted out 20 miles simply because I was having too much fun to stop. This is my 5th Turner, so I thought I knew what to expect, but the sweet ride still took me by surprise. I feel so lucky that I got build my dream bike.
    Here are the specs:
    Med. 5-spot
    Fox Van. 125 RLC
    Hayes Mag Plus brakes
    FSA Carbon team cranks, platinum pro BB, Orbit Ex Pro headset and a set of the new
    FSA wheels
    Azonic Carbon bar
    Thomson post and stem
    Shimano 959 pedals

The only changes I need to make is that I need a stiffer spring for the fork, and a 90mm stem instead of the 70mm that I have now and it will be perfect for me.
    NIce Set up! I really like the FSA Cranks and Rims. It adds to the stealthyness of the ride. By the way how do you like the FSA components? Do you notice any flex? I too am looking at those for my 5 Spot and would like to hear your feedback. I am only about 150# with gear and wanted to know how the FSA rims compare to the Crossmax SL in terms of durability.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimai
    NIce Set up! I really like the FSA Cranks and Rims. It adds to the stealthyness of the ride. By the way how do you like the FSA components? Do you notice any flex? .
    I have those cranks on my road bike (Specialized Roubaix Comp), I like them, very stiff and light, but FRAGILE! I took a good chunk out of the end going over a curb yesterday.

For that reason I would never put them on a mountain bike. I'd be too paranoid over rocks and stuff.

Nice looking bike though!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimai
    NIce Set up! I really like the FSA Cranks and Rims. It adds to the stealthyness of the ride. By the way how do you like the FSA components? Do you notice any flex? I too am looking at those for my 5 Spot and would like to hear your feedback. I am only about 150# with gear and wanted to know how the FSA rims compare to the Crossmax SL in terms of durability.
    In general, I love FSA's products and customer service.
    These wheels are brand new, so it is going to be awhile before anybody can make any assumptions on durability. I took a chance on them because FSA sponsors our team so the cost was good and I have had great luck with their stuff in the past.
    The cranks are very stiff and light for sure. They are different from the road cranks that FSA makes. Again, durability will be something I will have to comment on in the future.
    I am a DH racer though, so if there are any problems, they will surface rather quickly.
    SEI Racing

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy R
    Here are the specs:
    Med. 5-spot
    Fox Van. 125 RLC
    Hayes Mag Plus brakes
    FSA wheels
    Azonic Carbon bar
    Thomson post and stem
    Shimano 959 pedals

That bike is beautiful!!!! I really like the way you spec'd it out.

Which FSA wheels are you using? What do you think of the FSA wheels? I have a failrly cheap build on my wheels (Mavic x317 disc w/DTOnyx hubs). I'm looking to upgrade.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by WarrGuru
    That bike is beautiful!!!! I really like the way you spec'd it out.

Which FSA wheels are you using? What do you think of the FSA wheels? I have a failrly cheap build on my wheels (Mavic x317 disc w/DTOnyx hubs). I'm looking to upgrade.
    Well, I have only done one long ride on them, but they feel great so far.
    They are light, seem to ride stiff and they look great. I am used to Ringle hubs,
    and these wheels don't engage quite as quick, but it could just be breaking in', and
    it was not a problem on my ride.
    When I talked to FSA about the wheels, they said they were nothing fancy, just light, strong wheels, at a good price. I told them I was going to use them for aggressive trail riding, and they said that would be perfect.
    I guess I will see how they are in the long run.
    SEI Racing