Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

On the fence: L or XL Burner?

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  turnerbikes 
#1 ·
I'm a bit on the fence right now on what size Burner to get. I'm 6'2" and mostly legs. I currently have a Santa Cruz TRc Xl (25" TT, 17.5" reach) that I run a 90mm stem on.

Was thinking of an XL burner but top tube seemed long at 25.5. I took out a Foes F275 with a 24" TT which I thought may be too short but wasn't too bad. So started to think the L Burner which is a hair longer may be the way to go.

I currently run 780mm bars. Kinda like a "trail" bike feel after riding the Foes but it's a pig (32lbs). I ride primarily XC-ish trails and 2-3 hour rides. Thought is if I went L I could run my 90mm stem and wide bars. But throw on a 110 for the occasional XC related outing.

Any thoughts from someone who also feels inbetween sizes on the Burner? Or anyone from Turner who can actually give me real insight would be helpful as well. Thanks!

Jon

#4 ·
6th Element-yeah running a 55mm stem is a bit too short for my tastes.

Kosmo-appreciate you chiming in however I don't see what wrong with having lots of seat post showing. That doesn't inhibit performance and I'd argue the more the better.

Big thing here is the versatility. Have a mix of trail and xc friends as well as general terrain to tackle out here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.