Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Kiwi that Flew

Farewell Turner Flux

I for one am shedding a tear for the end of the Flux line

But I guess 26in XC race bikes are pretty much no-more, so the axing of the Flux is a logical progression. Making room for the new Turner carbon 100mm 29er??

Just my thoughts.

--- deanopatoni ---

jfb
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    I am sharing tears with you.
    The Flux was my first Turner back in may 2005 & I have owned three of them since then.
    It was a fantastic frame, xc oriented in hte HL/TNT versions and more trail oriented in the DWL version.
    I am confident that a new Flux will rise again in a few month/couple of years in the Turner line up. Maybe in carbon... Maybe with 29' wheels or 27.5 (even better in my opinion).

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Don't be sad guies, evolution won't stop. The next bike in the line should be better than the previous, but the flux is already a terrible so good bike !
    My 2009 Flux with 2010 upgrades (gusset on the top of the BB and larger weld on top of the taco) is the best bike i had, corresponding to my style of riding and the places where i ride.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Is this speculation or fact?
    Just Ride!

Kiwi that Flew
    Quote Originally Posted by Wveddy View Post
    Is this speculation or fact?
    DT quote - Price drops on the horizon?

--- deanopatoni ---

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I just ordered some bushings for my Flux to make sure I can ride it for many years to come. It looks like my next bike will be a short travel 650b or 29er. Please hurry with these DT!

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I will miss the Flux dw link, one of the best bikes I have ridden so far. Waiting for an xc 650b...a flux 275 would be excellent but the market seems to be 29r for short travel xc and 650 for trail. I hope there will be enough interest for shorter travel versions.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Me too, two DW Flux's with 120mm forks in our house.

Its a shame the Flux didn't go 650b with 120mm travel, instead of putting 650b wheels on a 5 Spot & calling it a Burner.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    ditto on the Flux 275
    would be a nice race bike for the occasional racer, mostly trail rider

jfb
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dickie View Post
    Me too, two DW Flux's with 120mm forks in our house.

Its a shame the Flux didn't go 650b with 120mm travel, instead of putting 650b wheels on a 5 Spot & calling it a Burner.
    Yes, it would have been more logical in my opinion. If the Spot and the Sultan are still selling well, while there were no more interest in the Flux, then I would have put the priority on a next flux with 27.5 wheels instead of producing a third trail bike (Sultan, Burner, Spot all between the 120-140 mm range).
    Now the 'general mtb market' may be more trail oriented than xc/all around. If it is the case, it may be intersting for Turner to offer a full range of wheel size (26/27.5/29) to the customers choice in the 120-140 mm range..
    Anyway, I think that next Turner will be for us the Flux supporters and that the next Turner that could disapear will be the Spot
    (PS: Excuse my bad writing but I speak franch)

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Fork availabilty

I would have loved to build a 275 Flux before the Burner, but the only forks available from Fox and RockShox was more 'trail' than xc. If more forks come available for 275 in the future from Fox and RS, we will work on something.

Sorry guys, ***** at the big guys!

Kiwi that Flew

2005 HL first Ride

Some photos of my Flux on its first ride.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Farewell Turner Flux-img_4563.jpg  

Farewell Turner Flux-img_4564.jpg.jpg  

Farewell Turner Flux-img_4566.jpg.jpg  

Farewell Turner Flux-img_4565.jpg.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    No more Flux?!

Well, I've sure enjoyed my '06 and '09 (still riding the '09). Would love to see a 100mm 27.5 race bike though! - perfect bike for the things my 5spot doesn't do so well.

My Flux has many miles left in it, so no hurry, Dave

Still a sad day. The Flux is a fantastic bike!

Bike Junkie
    It is sad news indeed; but it means that a new incarnation is in the works. I just ordered a replacement Flux after having cracked my 2005 Flux (HL) and I really loved the polished look! Now I'm going to Red Ano. All new parts are in order for myself (just because) and some new wheels to support the new thru-axles.

I am certain that this one will last me well into the future and when its ready a short travel 650B will be next. I would have gone with the Burner too; but 140mm for where I ride was just overkill.
    See You On The Trails!

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    FYI, the DW Flux is even better with a 650B front wheel mounted to a Fox 100 mm 26er fork.

Probably not all that different from running a 120 mm fork with 26er front wheel.

Reports are that the 2013 26er forks from Fox may NOT have the clearance needed for these unauthorized 650B shenanigans.
    The drive towards achievement and success is the motive power of civilization.

Kiwi that Flew
    Farewell Turner Flux-imageuploadedbytapatalk1350503601.609719.jpg
    Current build - the best yet! Loving this bike.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by turnerbikes View Post
    I would have loved to build a 275 Flux before the Burner, but the only forks available from Fox and RockShox was more 'trail' than xc. If more forks come available for 275 in the future from Fox and RS, we will work on something.

Looks like RockShox has stepped up with shorter travel 650 Reba and Sid offerings. Can Fox be far off? I may join Greg and ride a hardtail 650 until the new carbon flux 275 is ready. Where did that come from - I mean aluminum. Ok, I don't really want a hardtail.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackOut View Post
    It is sad news indeed; but it means that a new incarnation is in the works. I just ordered a replacement Flux after having cracked my 2005 Flux (HL) and I really loved the polished look! Now I'm going to Red Ano. All new parts are in order for myself (just because) and some new wheels to support the new thru-axles.

I am certain that this one will last me well into the future and when its ready a short travel 650B will be next. I would have gone with the Burner too; but 140mm for where I ride was just overkill.
    I think you will love the DW Link Flux. I had just received my new tnt flux and decided to demo the DW version when Dave was in town, loved it and traded up.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by turnerbikes View Post

XFusion and WhiteBothers have XC oriented 650b forks! Why wait.
    Just Ride!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    The flux was pretty much my 'perfect' bike. But due to progress and wanting a change, and wanting 4" 29er FS so had to jump ship to SC for the Tallboy. I really struggled with seperating my loyalty thing for Turner (But not so happy with the dealers this side of the pond) and spending 2.5K on a frame made in china ... which I didn't realise till I got it home.

Fingers crossed on a 29/27.5 flux something or other. Stil think the DW pedals better than the VPP by quite a margin.

I had three flux's ... loved them all.

Kiwi that Flew
    Quote Originally Posted by rone View Post
    The flux was pretty much my 'perfect' bike. But due to progress and wanting a change, and wanting 4" 29er FS so had to jump ship to SC for the Tallboy......Fingers crossed on a 29/27.5 flux something or other. Stil think the DW pedals better than the VPP by quite a margin.

I had three flux's ... loved them all.
    I would have done the same thing as you, if in the same position. Given that BikeRadar (WhatMTB and MBUK) are always telling us all how the Tallboy the 'top of class' I would have expected it to be at least as good as a flux if not better.

So +1 for a 29/27.5 flux something or other.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    SC makes a nice looking bike, their carbon layup process is excellent, but after riding the Tallboy I don't understand the kudos that vpp has received. Didn't like it at all - especially after owning the dw-link flux.

I would savage my charge card for a Flux 275. Like the Burner, I hope it comes back in new form.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

I've will be forced to Buy the Last of the Flux!!

I am still riding my 02!...with rim Brakes!!

Loved it...(past tense) ...till I got a close-out DW Link 5-Spot. (2011 models on sale while 2012 models come out.) The DW Link changed my Mnt Bike riding life. Amazing!! But, most of the trails I ride don't need 5inch travel. The slack head tube is slightly 'sluggish' among the twisty trails. Don't get me wrong...I NEED a 5inch bike...but I also NEED a 3inch travel bike.

In the back of my mind, i figured I would wait to see if Turner would come out with a new 'short' travel bike in 2013. But instead, He puts the Flux on sale. What's a man to do? 3inch, 4inch...it's close enough. Similar angles to my old O2 frame.

It is there...right before me...On Sale...a DW-Link, short travel bike...

Kiwi that Flew
    Quote Originally Posted by Falldog View Post
    I am still riding my 02!...with rim Brakes!!

It is there...right before me...On Sale...a DW-Link, short travel bike...
    Falldog - There is a new Flux waiting for a home with your name on it. You know this. Give the man a call. I'm tempted myself as I'm a sucker for the red anodized finish, but my current Flux only a year old...you on the other hand.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    A truly sad day. I picked up a 2011 Blue anodized Flux in the sales over here for 900 (about $1200). Built it up using parts cannabilised from other bikes. Also have a 5.Spot. Plan was to sell the 5.Spot if I liked the Flux. Absolutely love the Flux, superb bike, handles well, climbs great, wants to accelerate, "feels" like it has loads more travel. Will keep the 5.Spot though as my riding is between the very rocky and unpredictable (sudden drops etc) riding in North Wales and Peak District and the more trail oriente riding elsewhere. Have to admit I was excited by the Burner (650b being maybe perfect middle - ground between handling and acceleration/climbing of 26, with the roll-over anything capability of 29) but disappointed to see it as a slacker, longer version of 5.Spot (though I still want to try it). Now that the fork guys are upping their game. look forward to a a new 650b Flux sometime soon!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast