Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    mtbr member
    Apr 2004

We don't call 29rs 700s so why would we call 27.5s, 650s? the end result of what we ride is a far cry from where the rim starts things out.

DT

mtbr member

Spill the beans please

Quote Originally Posted by turnerbikes View Post
    We don't call 29rs 700s so why would we call 27.5s, 650s? the end result of what we ride is a far cry from where the rim starts things out.

DT
    So DT,
    Shall we have a 27.5" Flux too?
    When trails gets tougher, Just stand up and deliver.

mtbr member
    seriously Turner bikes ROCKS
    it is just waiting and guessing that SUCKS
    When trails gets tougher, Just stand up and deliver.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009

DT
    Ok 650B is old school. For the sake of consistency in the mtn bike world, 27.5 makes the most sense, would be less confusing for the uninitiated,.and take wheel progression into account. It would be good if there were more standards concerning rim and tire/bead comparability as well. The name will sort out - it a good option whatever the industry decides its called.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Still rocking my 05 Horst Link bike and even though its "obsolete" technology, its still rides great and keeps me smiling.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

DT
    OFF topic

scott's 600/700/900: easy, even more "smart": 6/7/9
    and indicating smaller difference between 26-27,5 than there is for 27-29

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Shameful Neglect
    Earlier this year I bought a Titanium Salsa El-Mariachi hardtail and I love it. I donít ride really technical trails so I found myself really enjoying the Salsa and for many months Iíve totally neglected my DW Flux. Anyway last week I had drivechain problems with the Salsa so I took the Flux out - and WOW! Sure, the Salsa is lively and fun but Iíd forgotten just how damn good the Flux is, and how well it flows over the rutted rooty trail and just how confidence inspiring it is as soon as you go downhill. I went out with a new group and did about 4 hours of sloppy rooty mixed singletrack, bridleway, heath land etc., and had a whale of a time and even got complimented on the way I was riding! I just said itís not Me Ė itís this Flux doing it!
    Big wheels are nice, but you donít need them to make a fabulous bike! BTW.

Kiwi that Flew
    Quote Originally Posted by deanopatoni View Post
    i for one am shedding a tear for the end of the flux line

but i guess 26in xc race bikes are pretty much no-more, so the axing of the flux is a logical progression. Making room for the new turner carbon 100mm 29er??

Just my thoughts.

--- deanopatoni ---
    hello new flux!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3