Nothing can stop me now
    Dec 2006

This ever happen to you?

Yesterday, I am about 15 miles into my normal before work ride at South Mountain in Phoenix. I politely pass an oncoming hiker (female) and she says something that I have not heard before. "Nice Turner!"

I was so shocked, I didn't realize what she said until I was a couple of hundred yards down the trail. Wow! Freaky!

My dusty 5 Spot was very proud of the recognition....

Enjoy and Share!

bobo

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    i got that alot back home. out here... not so much but it still happens. kinda like drivin a exotic car only car nuts recognize.

semi related: theres a guy with a passat almost identical to mine, roof rack and all but hes a tandam guy. we honk whenever we pass by eachother. 3 times today alone but i was in a station car the 2nd time so he didnt see me.
    No, I'm NOT back!

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by bobo_krkk_NIN
    Yesterday, I am about 15 miles into my normal before work ride at South Mountain in Phoenix. I politely pass an oncoming hiker (female) and she says something that I have not heard before. "Nice Turner!"

I was so shocked, I didn't realize what she said until I was a couple of hundred yards down the trail. Wow! Freaky!

My dusty 5 Spot was very proud of the recognition....

Enjoy and Share!

bobo
    Dude when a chick coments on yer Turner the least ya could do was get her number, thats a blatant come on if ever I heard one
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

mtbr member
    Are you more surprised that a chick talked to you or that a hiker commented on your bike. My wife and I do a lot of backpacking and I also enjoy buying expensive backpacking gear almost as well as bikes.
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

Nothing can stop me now
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by trailadvent
    Dude when a chick coments on yer Turner the least ya could do was get her number, thats a blatant come on if ever I heard one
    uhhhh....

41, pregnant wife, 3 kids under 3 already. I need no more come-ons.....

bobo

She wasn't exactly in my wheelhouse either, but I hear what you are saying...

Bite Me.
    Whenever I see a woman on the trail she usually screams then hits me in the face with the bear repellent spray then runs off in terror dialing 911. They seldom comment on my Turner.
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

Nothing can stop me now
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cactuscorn
    i got that alot back home. out here... not so much but it still happens. kinda like drivin a exotic car only car nuts recognize.

semi related: theres a guy with a passat almost identical to mine, roof rack and all but hes a tandam guy. we honk whenever we pass by eachother. 3 times today alone but i was in a station car the 2nd time so he didnt see me.
    I think when you say back home, you mean Phoenix which is odd, since most people here hardly ever say this is home....

bobo

Nothing can stop me now
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHouseMan
    Are you more surprised that a chick talked to you or that a hiker commented on your bike. My wife and I do a lot of backpacking and I also enjoy buying expensive backpacking gear almost as well as bikes.
    Hiker commenting on bike.....

bob

Nothing can stop me now
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cutthroat
    Whenever I see a woman on the trail she usually screams then hits me in the face with the bear repellent spray then runs off in terror dialing 911. They seldom comment on my Turner.
    I have no response...

TLL
    mtbr member
    Whenever I see a wimmen on the trail they ask me if I am voting for Obama. Pretty normal for this neck of the woods.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Yep, I get that, and it's from the strangest people too.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    yep. a ex tempe boy right here. i rode the 1st '96 burner on the mtn.
    No, I'm NOT back!

trail fairy

Well doh, you wait fo her to comment on the Turner first before asking for the number, otherwise youre a stalker

If no coment ride on ride on, shes probably a stalker and a non rider advocate

ride on very fast

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by bobo_krkk_NIN
    uhhhh....

41, pregnant wife, 3 kids under 3 already. I need no more come-ons.....

bobo

She wasn't exactly in my wheelhouse either, but I hear what you are saying...
    I hear ya on th wheelhouse, just cause she's a hiker dosen't mean shes in ya err in ya wheelhouse!

Ya, then yer reply yup good to get out for a bit on the Turner from the wife and kids, drop the wife and kids in there and youre safe to go, unless cutty's around

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs