eat my pantaloons

even on the Ellsworth board they talk about Turner...too funny

So I saw a 5-spot yesterday...

this isn't the only thread either

No, that's not phonetic
    Yep, some board creep around here. I just wish they would keep the endless Ellsworth-warranty/Tony-is-a-lying-POS out of the Turner forum. Why do you think they created an Ellsworth board anyway?

Some intelligent comparisons of riding performance using real world experience are welcome, but keep the Ellsworth bashing/defending, deserved or not, in its proper place.

tscheezy
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

The Ancient One
    The people bashing Ellsworth seem mostly to be Turner people on the Ellsworth board.

Hey, I might not want him to marry my daughter but he sells a good bike.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve from JH
    The people bashing Ellsworth seem mostly to be Turner people on the Ellsworth board.
    Perhaps they now own a Turner after experiencing what passes for "customer service" from Ellsworth?

Perhaps they have first hand experience with the lying sack of $hit otherwise known as "Tony Ellsworth."

Hey, I might not want him to marry my daughter but he sells a good bike.
    "Good bike" is debatable if one considers all of the compnents that comprise a "good bike."

p.s. I was "bashing" (all of it deserved of course) Tony Ellsworth, his flawed designs, and his sliminess long before I owned a Turner.

No, that's not phonetic
    I sorta noticed that too.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

Are you talking to me?

I am not ok with the Ellsworth practices of the past.

And I am a Cannondale rider. (fire suit is on)

I just think CS is extremely important. Even more so in this day and age. (internet)
    Hopefully some positive changes have been made in the E camp. (I am not going to turn purple over this one, let me tell you.)
    gfy

The Ancient One
    But as I recall you continued to ride both an Id and a Truth for some time after your CS difficulties.

Were you riding bad bikes all that time? Anyone who can afford both an Id and a Truth could certainly have sprung for one good bike.

I'm in my third year on an '01 Truth. It should have broken down by the front derailer by now, according to what I read on MTBR. I keep looking down there. I've had some major crashes and one visit to the hospital, so the bike has not been treated gently.

When I do get a new bike it will quite possibly be a Turner. I get tired of looking for cracks.

The Ancient One
    Quote Originally Posted by steve3
    Can I marry your daughter?
    No. You talk too much..

rr
    I don't do PC
    No. You talk too much..
    LOL! your alright though steve

banned
    But as I recall you continued to ride both an Id and a Truth for some time after your CS difficulties.
    Yes indded. That certainly pokes a big hole in your "The people bashing Ellsworth seem mostly to be Turner people on the Ellsworth board" claim, eh?

Were you riding bad bikes all that time?
    I was riding one potential time bomb (Truth) and a crippled long travel trail bike (Id).

I had some great times on those bikes. Now there are bikes available that are much better for my riding. The 5spot for example.

When I do get a new bike it will quite possibly be a Turner. I get tired of looking for cracks.
    Yes, I got to the point where I didn't want to jeopardize a road trip (ala FM's buddy) with a Truth that was going to snap and I also wanted a frame that could accomodate larger tires and wasn't so XC.

Riding on a bike with a design flaw got old after a while,, especially when I do so many road trips. The fact that the warranty replacement was being handled in an illegal manner didn't affect my decision to off it.

The Ancient One
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete
    Yes indded. That certainly pokes a big hole in your "The people bashing Ellsworth seem mostly to be Turner people on the Ellsworth board" claim, eh?
    Tscheezy seemed to be saying everyone should stick to their own board. Since you used to own Ellsworths, I guess you would be allowed on the Ellsworth board.

The fact that the warranty replacement was being handled in an illegal manner didn't affect my decision to off it.
    Do you mean the little X they welded onto the replacement rockers, or what?

I think you've had your revenge. You must have cost Ellsworth many tens of thousands of dollars in lost sales with your frequent reposting of the cracked rocker arm photo.

banned
    Do you mean the little X they welded onto the replacement rockers, or what?
    No, I mean the way that Tony has been charging people for replacement frames under Ellsworth's lifetime warranty.

I think you've had your revenge. You must have cost Ellsworth many tens of thousands of dollars in lost sales with your frequent reposting of the cracked rocker arm photo.
    Revenge? Whatever.

I'm interested in folks getting the full story, rather than the lies that have been posted by Tony.

That way they can make an informed decision, which is at the core of a "consumer review" website.