mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Embedding videos

Say I've shot a video with one of my Canon point and shoots (my SD850 does pretty well, I must say). How to post/embed one in a message here? I've got Picasaweb and Photobucket. I know that mtbr has a file size limitation for posting pics and I know the videos I shoot are huge, like 35 megs for a 2 minute vid. Do I need to limit the size of the file in the camera as I shoot? Does a hosting service like Youtube or Vimeo automatically downsize the file when you try to send it somewhere? Is there a tutorial specifically about how to do this, step by step, specifically for posting on mtbr?
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

trail fairy
    I try to keep em short, 2min max! but if ya got a big fat pipe into ya house then uploads to vimeo or photobucket are fine!

In photo bucket you just click on the upload choose files button in any folder you create or main page!
    or you can use depending on how you have set it up!
    Bulk uploader!
    or'Old uploader!

There's resizing software and editing software all the good there now, still use PIXresier for most of my stuff though, a fre download tool if one file I use individual file tab if multiple files I use the multiple files tab for images then do my uploads to photo bucket normally for mtbr I do 800x600 as std!

just can be a chore to watch too long a vids or own loading to watch again depends on ya connection around the world so think of us too!

Photo bucket!

Here's a pic!

Last edited by trailadvent; 01-07-2009 at 12:29 PM.
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs