Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    STG
    mtbr member
    May 2006
    Comments withdrawn
    Last edited by STG; 06-02-2006 at 04:13 PM.

Lay off the Levers
    Edited. Glad to do it too.
    Last edited by Bikezilla; 06-03-2006 at 09:58 AM.
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

sackless trollers

May I humbly request that any Turner rider who wishes to troll on other Forums to use their regular "name". It is sad to see sackless pests who seem to feel better hiding behind a fresh user name to stir up sh!t.

DT

We're going down WHAT??

I don't see how this relates to anything....?

This doesn't mean much but how many hits the site is getting. As for the mtbr forums, I own an Ells, but the troops on those forums are not anywhere near as lively as you folks. Take for example some of the rants here (wether against Ellsworth or even one of your own.. i.e: the cannibolizing of "Crazy Fred and Diesel Bikes guys) are absolutely hilarious. Some of you all (no need to mention names here) are so hardcore homers that if a bike is pictured without the latest and greatest gadgets you attempt humiliate and denegrate them. (WTF?? ) Obviously, these forums are no place for people with thin skin. I've learned to take the ribbing with a grain of salt. (I've even grown to enjoy Gonzo's posts, now that I am starting to finally understand that he isn't such a bad guy and actually has some valid points ... ) The Ells forums are just plain boring for the most part....

FYI, I'll probably go to the dirt demo for Beyond Bikes this weekend to ride (enjoy) some of the TNT designed bikes. (see what all the fuss is about for myself) Maybe even end up changing my ways and going with a Turner.....??

It will be interesting to see if the new deal between Ells and the Seattle REI (and a handfull of other shops) dillutes the botique bikes concept found with the Ells frames or actually expands their business as a whole... (It will be funny to see a Rogue or Tuth sitting next to a Novarra on the sales floor)
    "Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
    - Charlton Heston

on a routine expedition
    -----
    Attached Images Attached Images

We're going down WHAT??

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by turnerbikes
    May I humbly request that any Turner rider who wishes to troll on other Forums to use their regular "name". It is sad to see sackless pests who seem to feel better hiding behind a fresh user name to stir up sh!t.

DT

Uhhh... Damn... The man himself, squaring away the troops...!

I suppose this again shows that he is all about class and accountability. Well put Dave.
    - Charlton Heston

Roy
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jonsocal
    Uhhh... Damn... The man himself, squaring away the troops...!

I suppose this again shows that he is all about class and accountability. Well put Dave.

Umm, he's talking about the thread-starter. Definitely not one of the troops.

We're going down WHAT??

I just noticed that......

Quote Originally Posted by Roy

I just noticed that.... Interesting if you look at his prior posts.... Hmmmmmm... One of the Ells guys trolling huh?? The fun never stops around here....
    - Charlton Heston

~~~~~~~~
    his profile says he is a Turner owner .

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by airwreck
    his profile says he is a Turner owner .
    Two Turners no less. And his posts suggests that he is new to the forum, not a troll, even if he says things that are heretical to some.

Mexican e-rider
    You can edit your profile anyway you want, so the fact that he has two Turners could just mean that he wants letigimacy when trolling around.

I just read an article about how normal channels are loosing effectiveness so advertizers have been forced to move to other "alternate" channels such as web forums. Usually they insert bogus users who pretend to be customers and rave about the product they want to advertize. The article also mentioned that advertizers should be careful when using this strategy because in some cases other users can smell the BS from miles away.

Given the apparent importance that the MTBR forums have gained for manufacturers, it could become the case in the near future (or now) that some of them start using bogus users to speak positively about their bikes or to critizise the competition.

Could this be the case with the Turner forum lately? Does it make sense to attack a brand which competes for the same customers as your own?
    "Hell, the Titus Moderator can't pass a cantina without gettin' the shakes"

Mexican e-rider
    Here's the link to the article, its long but interesting:

http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher...Id=l:389998294
    "Hell, the Titus Moderator can't pass a cantina without gettin' the shakes"

Making fat cool since '71
    Quote Originally Posted by elmadaleno
    You can edit your profile anyway you want, so the fact that he has two Turners could just mean that he wants letigimacy when trolling around.

I just read an article about how normal channels are loosing effectiveness so advertizers have been forced to move to other "alternate" channels such as web forums. Usually they insert bogus users who pretend to be customers and rave about the product they want to advertize. The article also mentioned that advertizers should be careful when using this strategy because in some cases other users can smell the BS from miles away.

Given the apparent importance that the MTBR forums have gained for manufacturers, it could become the case in the near future (or now) that some of them start using bogus users to speak positively about their bikes or to critizise the competition.

Could this be the case with the Turner forum lately? Does it make sense to attack a brand which competes for the same customers as your own?
    You wouldn't be suggesting that there are people that don't tell the truth around here are you? Man, now I have to recalibrate my whole set of expectations for the world...

PR/Ad firms are really trying to get back in "control" of things. TiVo and the web have cut many of them off at the knees or maybe caught them off-guard.

Ride well folks (maybe enjoy yourselve maybe, perhaps, possibly). I'm taking a buddy out for the cherry breaking ride on his new rig. Wish him luck, we plan on wrecking him.

Kraig...
    Are the wheels roundish? Ride it.

Disciples Of Dirt, come ride with us.

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

They are bikes!

This religion around bikes is so stupid! Even Turner bikes is involved. Geeze! I love my Turner, I have fun on it, but I would have fun on a Trek, Ellsworth, Jamis, etc.....it is a freakin' bike. This stupid Ellsworth vrs. Turner deal is dumb. I even heard what dumbarse say Ellsworth bikes handle like crap. How dumb is that!

Get excited about your career, family, investments, friends, etc.

Jaybo

Homer's problem child
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikezilla
    I guess it all depends on what numbers you're looking at.
    I don't know about Turner vs. Ellsworth. I'm more curious about Turner vs. Intense.

Whatever you Homers do, don't put the following into Googlefight.

Intense Spider vs. Turner Nitrous
    Intense 5.5 vs. Turner 5-Spot
    Intense 6.6 vs. Turner RFX

Your world as you know it might implode. (those that give a rats a$$ anyway)

Just kidding, this is all in fun.

B
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro....

t66
    mtbr member

We the people ...

Not about Turner vs E TE is a unethical POS. Just bad news for the entire industry/sport.

GNC
    Over the Bars & Smiling
    Jan 2006
    jonsocal,

You are absolutely right. This forum is absolutely the most entertaining. Great pics, great interaction, and an all around damn good time. But I am not telling you anything you don't already know. I guess I just felt compelled to express my gratitude for hours of cheap entertainment.

P.S. Not that it matters...or at least I think it doesn't, but I own a Blur and an Ellsworth. Those Turners look pretty damn compelling though.

VooDoo user.
    Ya'll should be out riding.

Enough stirring of the stink pot!!!!

Homer's problem child
    Quote Originally Posted by moment
    Ya'll should be out riding.

Enough stirring of the stink pot!!!!
    I just had my knee re-built for the second time, all I can do is ride a stationary bike, crutch to the beer fridge and back, and watch this BS.

B
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro....

~~~~~~~~
    okay, his post was innocent enough, and it appears to be a Turner rider trolling the Turner forum.

However, an APB has been issued for all sackless pests with multiple logins! If you are a sackless pest, regular pest, or mearly lacking sack, and you only have one MTBR login, you will not be detained.

Any one looking for some kind of answer to this madness should consider that statistics prove once again that the vast majority of people prefer discussing Turner bikes.

mtbr member

I'll Second That

Quoted by Jaybo

This religion around bikes is so stupid! Even Turner bikes is involved. Geeze! I love my Turner, I have fun on it, but I would have fun on a Trek, Ellsworth, Jamis, etc.....it is a freakin' bike. This stupid Ellsworth vrs. Turner deal is dumb. I even heard what dumbarse say Ellsworth bikes handle like crap. How dumb is that!

Thanks Jaybo for stating what's needed to be stated for quite some time! I agree, it's a freakin' bike for cris sakes and if you like riding it, well great. The fact that some individuals choose to bag on someone else's bike demonstrates how insecure they are in thier own skin to begin with and how little they actually ride their own bike to boot. I'm more than just a little annoyed at the snob factor.
    New Obama Creed: Change you can believe in TO Change what you believe in

The Uberest of Micks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybo

Get excited about your career, family, investments, friends, etc.

Jaybo
    Jaybo is the king!

I love me my Burner. I really do - one of the best bikes I've ever ridden (only two I can think of that are better are the Flux and the Spot!) And when I have down time, and am goofing off, I browse these boards a bit. But Jaysus H Christ on a bike, some folks REALLY need to get lives. Rather than donkeying around on boards, blathering on about some overhyped "feud" between Ellsworth and Turner, get out and enjoy the bike you have, whatever the brand. And when you're not doing that, take Jaybo's advice and get excited about stuff that matters.

Move out of your parent's basements.

Social interaction away from a computer screen is a GOOD thing. Make friends outside.

Try dating. It's kinda fun.

Hey movies - go see or watch one of those. That way it can be like an easy transition from being constantly in front of a screen to real life. Find another hobby so you're constantly not drowning in this one. Stamp collecting? Birdwatching? Again, dating?

I mean seriously - do some folks NOT have better things to do than this?

Anyways -I had a full day at work today, followed by a post work ride with the guys, followed by a few beers, and now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go to bed and f**k my fiance.

Good night, and good luck.
    "Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same."
    - Oscar Wilde

PSI
    I want that one

he edited his post

what was the original thread-starter's post?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Uh oh.

Quote Originally Posted by ubermick
    I'm going to go to bed and f**k my fiance.
    You realize that by the rules of this forum you're required to post pictures of any really insane gnarly action don't you? I hope the fiance is ok w/ that
    Last edited by MightySchmoePong; 06-03-2006 at 04:11 AM.

mtbr dismembered
    Saw the post last night...right after zilla responded. Well he could be right about increase in traffic on E's site, since a lot of riders are taken by appearances. People browse...well whats wrong with that.

Lots of people hang out the Turner threads (even those who dont own one) because of the good reviews from riders here. The endless jest among the posting was fun to read. Like Jaybo said its only a bike... just drop the E vs T war thing.

I ride a SC Blur and 5-spot is already on top of the will-buy-list.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast