mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Easton Havoc AM Wheelset

It's pouring here, and in my aimless surfing around, I noticed that Price Point has these wheels at a good price of $450.

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail.htm?stylePkey=15407

I'm a handbuilt guys, but I seem to recall that a few of Team Sanchez were having good luck with these hoops.
    The drive towards achievement and success is the motive power of civilization.

thats right living legend
    Quote Originally Posted by kosmo
    It's pouring here, and in my aimless surfing around, I noticed that Price Point has these wheels at a good price of $450.

I'm a handbuilt guys, but I seem to recall that a few of Team Sanchez were having good luck with these hoops.

Iike those, but 24 spokes???

Team Sanchez
    No Sanchez riders, but some of the guys from the LBS have been using them for months, and they are holding up very well. I've got Easton Wheels on my Road bike, and their hubs are top notch.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    i got a set from pricepoint for my enduro and there noticably stiffer then the stock wheels, dont have many miles on them yet but there definately strong and im very happy so far

KgB
    SNGLSPD

that's a great price

but mine developed a lot of play in the bearings really quick
    I've been inside too long.

long standing member
    I was considering these wheels as well, but ultimately decided against getting them, as a decent, budget, handbuilt set of wheels (though heavier) can be had for ~$300.

I got some feedback on the Eastons (and Mavic Xmax XL's, which are on closeout for the same price at some places) here if you're interested.

Patrick

mtbr member

these wheelset are not machine built, they are hand built

mtbr member

I have a pair

On my 6pack....very reliable! Ive done 10ft to tranny with no problems. Cased two landings on a road gap landing slightly sideways--no carnage, straight as an arrow.. Also I'm running them with stans and the new chunder 2.3-folding tire which blows away any AM tire out there. The grip is insane. 900g