mtbr member
    Nov 2009

DW 5 Spot Fork Setup

Hi new on here so this is my first post! I am choosing the spec on a new 2010 5 Spot and I was going to go with the Latest Fox 32 Float 140 RLC, I have the same 07 forks on my Heckler QR though.

Why have a lot of you 5 Spot owners plummed for 36 150-160 travel forks with adjustable travel, what difference does it make to the bikes abilities and ride.

mtbr member
    I put a Talus 36 on the 5 Spot I just finshed building (and now have two rides on).
    I'm sill playing with the setup for sag and when to use what setting (110-130-160), but I can say for certain that this rig EATS up the bumps on dowhill runs. So amazing I can't even describe it.

Can't wait to get that sucker on SoMo.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I'd recommend a Fox 150, RS Revelation 150 or Fox 36 (160 or limited to 150) if your into a little more heft.

I have a Fox TALAS 150 on my DWSpot & it's great for my usage.

Sup?
    Have a Marz 55 ATA and really like the ability to have the longer throw up front for
    descending stuff at S. Mountain..

I do dial it down for XC though.. just wish the o-ring seals would last a bit
    longer than they do. Last set made it March-Nov..

it's not that hard of a repair but when your bike is down, it's down.

They are cheap enough over on Jenson USA these days that I really should pick up
    another one as a spare, then just swap em out while I fix the other.

mtbr member
    I had a 140mm RS Revelation on my DW Spot and although it's a great fork, its way too short for that bike unless you like really quick handling (I didn't). I would even recommend going with a fork that has 160mm travel. I'm contemplating selling my Spot because I don't want to fork out a lot of dosh for another fork now that I have a RFX.