HIKE!

DT SSD 225 Air shock on Six Pack

Been running my new Six Pack a month + now, and like it alot. I have the default DHX Coil shock on the back. But as an experiment I got a DTSwiss SSD 225 air rear shock (7.5" x 2" stroke). Rides fine, just a week of riding so far. 200lb rider, generally game for any trail riding.

The DT shock is a well made unit, ball joints at the eye ends to prevent binding/twisting of the shock (not an issue with a well made Turner) as it runs through its travel. No 'platform' valving, no independently adjustable negative spring. Very simplistic, but I figured with ICT, Horst Link, FSR technology, the 'platform' may be un needed. Heck on the DHX 5 Coil, I had minimal air and the Pro Pedal backed out to min anyway.

I have the shock set up for 30% sag, and it makes for a nice plush and active travel that doesn't bottom out harshly as the air spring ramps up so progressively at the end of travel. Climbs and pedals well, and doesn't let me down at high speed on rugged terrain and drops (about hip high is all I brave) don't sweat it. Only 240grams seems just toooo light for freeriding/aggressive trail riding, but I don't think that is what DT bills it for. But, a week of pounding has me feeling pretty confident in it. And I've got the coil shock on deck, ready to go back on in case of trouble.

Now, with the higher leverage ratio of the Six Pack, I don't know if this DT shock is within design criteria in this use on a Six Pack. Both for DT's intended use and Turner's! But I'm enjoying the ride so far.

mtbr member
    Sounds good, any chance of some pic's?

HIKE!

lame photos within

Here, I'll try to attach photos. Here is my Six Pack in fighting trim. Well it is in it's only trim. My all around bike for XC, aggressive riding, playing around, shuttle bombing DH rides, epic rides, all that jazz works fine. Weighs under 40 but over 35 pounds. Saint Cranks and pedals, XT derailers and shifters, King headset, a cheap Pike that works okay, but this bike needs a better/bigger fork, going to see what Marzocchi 66 from 2006 to use, Hayes HFX mag brakes, 6" rotors, DeeMax wheels, 2.5 Conti UST Diesel tires, hmmm, what have I forgot? DT shock in place right now.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    looks like a very nice trail bike.