Thread: Doh!

not so super...

Doh!

Bumped myself out of last weeks race during my pre-ride by pedal striking on a fast DH section. Things felt a little loose at first then the crank arms started hitting the chain stays.

Had the typical awesome Turner response with a call from the trail head. Greg and LJ had a new bottom linkage out the next day. (Thanks guys). Installed it last night and the new linkage has much tighter tolerances.
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372270750.756386.jpg
Views: 448
Size:  31.4 KB

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372270771.933699.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  32.3 KB
    Nothing to see here.

~~~~~~~~
    wow. I had a mean pedal strike the other day that sent me flying and bent a crank arm. Pretty wild that your link gave out. I'm not blaming low BB for mine as the CSI (crash scene investigation) showed that there was still plenty of rock to hit if my pedals had been higher.

Nothing can stop me now
    Dec 2006
    Your supposed to remove the pictures and never speak of this because doing otherwise hurts the brand. Or something.

Oops. Wrong forum again...

mtbr member
    greg is the man for sure!!!!!! glad the boys helped you out in a time of need. another reason to ride a Turner!
    "Live dangerously and you live right."
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by airwreck View Post
    wow. I had a mean pedal strike the other day that sent me flying and bent a crank arm. Pretty wild that your link gave out. I'm not blaming low BB for mine as the CSI (crash scene investigation) showed that there was still plenty of rock to hit if my pedals had been higher.
    YIPES!! Was this on the Burner?

SSINGA, wow, carnage. Always good to see and then to get the usual Turner support rocks. I keep saying that is one of the biggest reasons I own a Turner. They're not the lightest bikes but they work great AND the support we get is incredible.

not so super...

Doh!

Quote Originally Posted by airwreck View Post
    I was surprised too find out this was the problem as I thought I broke a crank arm or BB. I'm guessing that it was due to the suspension being being at a compressed state and my fat arse being in the saddle.

Bad news is now that the bike is fixed I need knee surgery (unrelated to the damage incident).
    Nothing to see here.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Depending on what your knee surgery is, you will heal faster than some brands would have sent you the parts.