Grand Master Jedi

Does Kashima coat make a difference?

Anyone upgrade to one of the newer RP23 Factory rear shocks? Any noticeable improvement in suspension performance on the DW Spot?

mtbr member
    I cannot tell the difference with the kashmina coating. IMHO you would get more performance for your money by having PUSH tune/rebuild your older RP23.
    If money is not a concern maybe consider a CCDB air. You will notice a huge difference in HSC and small bump compliance...but you have to feel comfortable with the time/experimenting making the necessary tuning adjustments.

Cheers,

Kiwi that Flew
    How about a Monarch Plus?
    This is the shock upgrade I'm considering for my Spot.

MK_
    carpe maņana
    Monarch Plus is really living up to the hype for me.

_MK
    "No man goes before his time -- unless the boss leaves early."
    -- Marx, Groucho

mtbr member
    _MK: does your comment relate to a Push Monarch Plus or stock RS? if stock, what rebound/compression tune? some 5.Spot riders have said the stock Low Comp is perfect, but maybe something like a Med Rebound tune might be best...so curious what you're running...thx.

mtbr member
    Concur with the Monarch Plus RC3! I'm running one now on my Spot from PUSH, while my CCDB air is getting the high flow mode, and it is fantastic . It is very smooth and plush with a bottomless feel on the 5ft drops. I will say it's not as supple on the small bumps as the CCDB air can be, but the other argument is that you don't have to fuss with the tuning/experimenting. The reason I didn't mention it on my first post is that PUSH is no longer producing/selling these and I cannot find a dealer that sells the 7.5"X2" in a low compression medium rebound setting. Do you guys know where they are available?

Cheers,

GAME ON!
    i was under the impression that this size was not available in low tune.
    RIP Adam Yauch

"M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"

MK_
    carpe maņana
    Quote Originally Posted by trojan08 View Post
    _MK: does your comment relate to a Push Monarch Plus or stock RS? if stock, what rebound/compression tune? some 5.Spot riders have said the stock Low Comp is perfect, but maybe something like a Med Rebound tune might be best...so curious what you're running...thx.
    I'm running mine stock but on a different DW frame so I can't comment on the tune for a 5 Spot. As far as a stock shock goes, I haven't tried a better one.

_MK
    -- Marx, Groucho

mtbr member
    MK,
    Should be able to id the tune from the side of the shock (forgive me if you already know this)...look at the top of the air can and look for red and blue squares with a white L, M, H in them.

Cheers,

MK_
    carpe maņana
    Quote Originally Posted by jjkitt View Post
    MK,
    Should be able to id the tune from the side of the shock (forgive me if you already know this)...look at the top of the air can and look for red and blue squares with a white L, M, H in them.

Cheers,
    Like I said, I'm not running mine on a 5 Spot so the tune won't help. I'm running M/M tune on a Mojo HD per suggestion by Darren from PUSH. Whatever Darren suggest for a 5 Spot, I'd stick with that. He recommended M/M tune for aggressive riding style for my frame.

_MK
    -- Marx, Groucho

mtbr member
    MK...oops...sorry for the confusion.

Cheers,

mtbr member
    another vote for RS Monarch Plus. Best shock to date and I've tried more than a few... including stocks of push'd and kashima shocks. frame is an older TNT model though for what it's worth.

Committed
    Quote Originally Posted by jjkitt View Post
    Concur with the Monarch Plus RC3! I'm running one now on my Spot from PUSH, while my CCDB air is getting the high flow mode, and it is fantastic . It is very smooth and plush with a bottomless feel on the 5ft drops. I will say it's not as supple on the small bumps as the CCDB air can be, but the other argument is that you don't have to fuss with the tuning/experimenting. The reason I didn't mention it on my first post is that PUSH is no longer producing/selling these and I cannot find a dealer that sells the 7.5"X2" in a low compression medium rebound setting. Do you guys know where they are available?

Cheers,
    I have a stock Plus in a L/M tune on my Spot and love it. How would you say it compares to the DB Air aside from what you mention above? I am planning on replacing the Float on my Burner with a DB Air.

mtbr member
    I have a stock Plus in a L/M tune on my Spot and love it. How would you say it compares to the DB Air aside from what you mention above? I am planning on replacing the Float on my Burner with a DB Air.
    1soulrider,
    I think my DBair and Push Plus are both great but this is what sets the DBair apart in my book. The rider input/tuning (with each adjustment you get a different feeling), the hardiness of its build (recommended two yrs before servicing), being able to modify air can volume at home to increase/decrease the progressiveness and being able to eek out every mm of travel without fear of a harsh bottom out.

I cannot tell if the Push Plus rebound input really makes a difference and I have to go below 35% sag to get full travel.

Keep in mind tuning DBair can be a little daunting and can frustrate those who are the kind who want instant results...need to have an experimental spirit. Needless to say I'm still experimenting, but its nice the few Turner owners that have it are always willing give you their tune settings. Lastly its pretty expensive.

PM me if you want to chat more about it.

Cheers,