mtbr member

Do you drop with your DW flux?

I am about 200 pounds with gear and going to demo a flux next week.
    Should I attempt 3 footers that I do regularly on my 575?.
    What set up would you need for that?.
    And yeah, before you say I should take the spot for that job, my LBS will do that for me too right after. They still believe I should demo the flux first.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Fluxn

If I am tired, I always drop mine on the left side so I don't bend the derailer. Otherwise I lay it down nice and easy.

Hmmm, dropping a Flux. For a clydesdale that don't sound like a match made in heaven.
    That said, the weakness will be magnafied if you sit when hitting big loads. Stand and deliver, look for tranny and don't slap the front end down like a kook. The buy a 5 Spot and raise your game.

DT

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by turnerbikes
    If I am tired, I always drop mine on the left side so I don't bend the derailer. Otherwise I lay it down nice and easy.

Hmmm, dropping a Flux. For a clydesdale that don't sound like a match made in heaven.
    That said, the weakness will be magnafied if you sit when hitting big loads. Stand and deliver, look for tranny and don't slap the front end down like a kook. The buy a 5 Spot and raise your game.

DT
    Thanks DT
    I saw that other thread about the "AM Flux" that you actually demoed (IMO) and thought ................... Well, I'll hopefuly check it first hand next week.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

rough

The AM Flux of Chebs is for rocky, rutted, brake bump infested trails, not drops. He has a 5 Spot for that, with coils front and rear. Different strokes for different days!

DT

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

Hmm

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBonty
    I am about 200 pounds with gear and going to demo a flux next week.
    Should I attempt 3 footers that I do regularly on my 575?.
    What set up would you need for that?.
    And yeah, before you say I should take the spot for that job, my LBS will do that for me too right after. They still believe I should demo the flux first.
    The 575 would be more fun for your weight and the riding style you seem to like. Why do you want a Flux?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybo
    The 575 would be more fun for your weight and the riding style you seem to like. Why do you want a Flux?
    not sure that I like a Flux at all. I wanted to demo a Spot and the LBS owner offered his Flux first as it may take some time before he can get me the demo spot.
    I thohught that if the flux (that weigh like a CF 575) will prove good on my trails, I can swop everything including Talas 90-130 from my 575 and have a new bike at minimum cost. I sure won't trade cost with performance since I already have a great bike.

mtbr member
    .... He has a 5 Spot for that, with coils front and rear. Different strokes for different days!

DT
    Problem is we don't have big garages like you do. My Bonty is picking rust outside since my wife won't take more than one bike in the house.

My cup runneth over
    It looks like you got a pretty clear answer from DT. Still, it would be worth demoing the Flux anyway just to get a feel for the Turner DW suspension. FWIW - I have been loving my DW Spot - it's been amazingly smooth.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    FWIW- I switched from a 575 (a '06) to a DWSpot last year and have also spent some quality time on a DWFlux (although it's a size too small for me). I liked the 575 but would never go back and feel the Spot is superior in every way, especially climbing and pedaling efficiency. My Spot has more travel, better quality travel and is much stiffer so the DH was an improvement as well.

The DWFlux will be much more XCish than the 575; more efficient and less "automatic" on the DH.

mtbr member

DT
    Well, the Flux begs to be launched. It is fun in the air and lands 2 footers very nicely!. I did not try more than that since I did not want to lower the seat (no QR clamp) but I felt it can be done and learned that 3 footers were done on the bike I rode.
    Otherwise it's a nice bike. DW delivers on the fire roads and enhance pedal efficiency on nontechnical trails.
    I was realy looking forward to a superior performance on the technical rocky climbs (DW promise?) but not sure that I've found it.
    Anyways, I am sure the Spot is more stable and suspended and will demo one in 3 weeks.
    Just my impressions based on a 3 hour ride on trails I know very well................