mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Do all 2011 Fluxes have the burrito instead of the taco

Looking at one on eBay advertised as a 2011 but is has a taco instead of the burrito and no reinforcement in the BB area. Aside from that the taco doesn't even have a full weld on the lower part. That leads me to believe it is a late 2009 or early 2010. Did any of the 2009's come with powder coated rear ends?

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by WV_XCE View Post
    Looking at one on eBay advertised as a 2011 but is has a taco instead of the burrito and no reinforcement in the BB area. Aside from that the taco doesn't even have a full weld on the lower part. That leads me to believe it is a late 2009 or early 2010. Did any of the 2009's come with powder coated rear ends?
    I'm fairly positive that all of 2011 had a burrito. I also believe all of 09 had a polished rear while some of the very early 2010 were polished as well. The cable mounting for 2009 on the downtube was unique to that year and is a giveaway if the bike is a 2009. It will have zip tie mounts closest to the BB. The following years used little plastic clips off the water bottle cage mounts.
    Killing it with close inspection.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Thanks for that info. Will help make it easier to spot any misrepresentations. BTW, the seller that had the wrong model year was very honest and pulled the listing and is going to relist with correct info. Stand up guy.

I'm very leary of purchasing one of these frames without the BB modification as I had mine fail with no abuse. Although Turner took great care of me with free repairs, paint color of my choice and bushings it did take over 2 months for the work. This frame is for a 210 lb friend and I'd hate to steer him into this only to be without his new ride for most of the summer.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    This has both water bottle clips and zip tie near the BB. Do all 2011 Fluxes have the burrito instead of the taco-flux.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I'm just going off of memory but I'm fairly certain that is an '09. The cable mounts on '10 and newer should have two sets of zip tie mounts and then the water cage mounts. The '09 was just like the one pictured (zip tie water cage zip tie). It could still be a very early production '10 but I believe in '10 they started welding the taco all the way across the top tube and seat tube and not just on the sides. That gray was also never offered as a stock color so he either paid more for Turner to do it or had it done himself. As far as the BB brace is concerned... My '09 lasted 600 miles before it failed. It was replaced with a '11 front triangle that currently has 2K miles without issue. I've read rumor on mtbr that a lot of the BB failures were due to a poor weld (low temp) and not necessarily to it being a weak spot. However, you will be SOL if the front triangle fails as Turner no longer stocks them.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Hey WV_XCE, I am not sure if you have seen the large flux that was posted in the classifieds. 2010 in pristine condition. 2010 Turner flux large, dw-link, white, pristine - Buy and Sell and Review Mountain Bikes and Accessories

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    I made an offer on that one but he wants way too much (quoted me $875 shipped). I purchased the one above for $600 shipped.

Edit: he wanted $900 (just checked the email). Normally I like to purchase here but that is too big a difference.