Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dirty Tricks?

mtbr member
    Aug 2005

Dirty Tricks?

I don't know if this is new, but just read this:

http://www.singletrackworld.com/foru...9232&t=2009232

Read the post by Jellybike. (I think Freeborn are the UK importers).

Now with flavor!!
    I wouldn't normally chase a matter this way but there have been some bad things going on at MTBR.com. There were a lot of posts with people reporting Ellsworth breakages, though none reported to Ellsworth themselves. Ellsworth asked MTBR to look into the matter and the posts were traced back to Turner employees. I would hate to hear of a similar thing happening here
    Oh good god.

Roy
    mtbr member
    though none reported to Ellsworth themselves

You have got to be kidding. With all of the actual customer service documented battles (here on mtbr) where Ellsworth was making $$ off of those people via their "warranty".

Turner employees posting bogus breakages? Which one of their 4 employees do you think did that?

Does the slime never end?

banned
    I see lawsuit.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Freeborn are the UK ellsworth importer and this guy has started trolling the stw website recently, hasn't been at freeborn long apparently. The singletrack forum has become so bad I only use the classifieds to sell stuff and don't go on the forum now, as I don't need to know 'what deodorant to wear when riding a singlespeed on-one through the lake district'. The magazine is sh1t as well, also racist on occasion, and full of cliquey photos of the editor looking stupid in thick glasses like col. blimp and a ton of mistakes. I just refuse to waste my money on what is a vehicle for chipps chippendale's (what sort of name is that?)own exhibitionism (ugly troll that he is) especially when he can't even get the facts straight.

Doesn't change TE charging for warranty replacement on the grounds that he had changed the design and how wolud turner employees invent all the broken 03 truth photos??

Outcast
    Okay, so who's gonna post this over in the ellsworth forum? It's been pretty boring there lately; the defenders of the truth [pun intended!] need a little exercise.

Knomer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    I see lawsuit.
    Oh really? And where would this trial be held? The Galactic Senate?

Trolling is NOT a crime!
    Global Director of Sales: Knolly Bikes

banned
    Libel and slander is. It would be held where the offender is. Most likely the go between would be Turner's distributor in that region.

Knomer
    Dude, I hope you're kidding. Besides, Dave has his hands full building upgrade TNT rear-end kits. Available this Christmas!
    Global Director of Sales: Knolly Bikes

Rolling
    That is one funny exchange of posts over there.

Did you hear the rumor that Ellsworth is in the process to buy Turner? Yep, I started it just now!
    Last edited by lidarman; 11-04-2005 at 11:57 AM.

banned
    This is getting funny.

I think there's no reason why EW and Turner owners have to be at each other's throats all the time over bicycles.

Trail rider and racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    I see lawsuit.
    No!

Just some nasty letters!
    Trev!

Never enough time to ride
    Holy crap...that was freaking hilarious. I think I'm gonna leave it be, but wow, what a load of crap.

happy trails...

Josh
    Get out and ride!

My post is that way --->
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbz
    Freeborn are the UK ellsworth importer and this guy has started trolling the stw website recently, hasn't been at freeborn long apparently. The singletrack forum has become so bad I only use the classifieds to sell stuff and don't go on the forum now, as I don't need to know 'what deodorant to wear when riding a singlespeed on-one through the lake district'. The magazine is sh1t as well, also racist on occasion, and full of cliquey photos of the editor looking stupid in thick glasses like col. blimp and a ton of mistakes. I just refuse to waste my money on what is a vehicle for chipps chippendale's (what sort of name is that?)own exhibitionism (ugly troll that he is) especially when he can't even get the facts straight.

Doesn't change TE charging for warranty replacement on the grounds that he had changed the design and how wolud turner employees invent all the broken 03 truth photos??
    LOL. Magazine in "cliquey photos of editor" scandal. The horror!

Wow. I guess that typo on the cover really got to you!
    Wibble

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by scorcher seb
    LOL. Magazine in "cliquey photos of editor" scandal. The horror!

Wow. I guess that typo on the cover really got to you!
    It just annoyed me how much of the last issue was shameless self exhibition, all I'm after in a magazine is unbiased sensible reviews and decent articles, something to read while I take a dump...

My post is that way --->
    Jan 2004
    It just annoyed me how much of the last issue was shameless self exhibition, all I'm after in a magazine is unbiased sensible reviews and decent articles, something to read while I take a dump...

I suppose you thought you could have your little rant over here and noone would be any the wiser. Sorry - I just thought that those who don't have access to the magazine might like to know that you're as full of sh!t as jellybike on the STW thread.
    Wibble

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by scorcher seb
    I suppose you thought you could have your little rant over here and noone would be any the wiser. Sorry - I just thought that those who don't have access to the magazine might like to know that you're as full of sh!t as jellybike on the STW thread.
    Fine, it's an opinion, that's all.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

In what way is Singletrack magazine racist? Thats one heck of an allegation to make fella!

If you don't like STW then a. don't post on it at all and b. don't buy the mag.

Simple really...

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    SInglespeeder, yes?

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

No good

SInglespeeder, yes?
    Nah, just a rider who finds your comments ludicrous and infantile.

If you can't back up your comments maybe you shouldn't make them eh?

mtbr member
    FFS, its only mountain biking.

Some people have far too much time and far too little to worry about obviously. Bunch of introvert, consumerist numpties.

Bring back the hobby horse, these new fangled safety bikes are just too controversial.

Am not, had mine removed.
    You guys are killing me...my damn sides hurt. This crap brings out all the keyboard cage fighters. If you guys have so much agression, why not walk out of your cudical or cubical or whatever and punch the next guy you see. Following all this logic a guy with a Turner and an Ellsworth needs to kill himself with a q-tip through the eye. By the way when AA's Pack arrived from a big online retailer it was in an Ellsworth box. Guess we should have sent it back or did DT really sell out a month ago.....lidarman could be on to something.
    You want to ride behind someone who does something that?

770-271-9506

mtbr member
    Aug 2005

Sorry for keeping this going, but .....

This is Jellybikes latest post on that thread:-

"I'm sorry that you guys don't believe my post.
    Because of the MTBR incident, Tony Ellsworth withdrew Turner's ICT licence and now he has to use a 'faux' bar.

No other reason

You can believe Turners spiel about the survey he carried out where customers preferred colour over suspension design if that sounds more plausible

(and to my knowledge Pie Eater still hasn't reported his broken frame)"

This is from someone who professes to be the UK importer for Ellsworth bikes!!!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

The Bev

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    Okay, so who's gonna post this over in the ellsworth forum? It's been pretty boring there lately; the defenders of the truth [pun intended!] need a little exercise.
    Who cares. Remind us what that beer is, and when it will be out for the Fall!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Wtf

Wow, this is a piece of work isn't it. I saw this thread last night and let it sit for a day but I cannot hold my tongue any longer. Let me assure you that myself or no one else here would create such an attack on any other company, especially in the chicken sh!t way Paul describes using false forum names. I have just checked with Forrest and Francis @ MTBR about the inquiry and yes, Ellsworth did request that MTBR check IP's for Turner origin, and there was NO connection between Turner and any troll posts concerning Ellsworth and frame breakage.

Even when asked to compare between brands I am hesitant to list any negative's about an other brand, I try hard to ONLY point out the benefits of the Turner. My relationships with customers is a reflection of the way I do business with everyone. After 11 years of business there is not one vendor I could not have a beer with. Negative thoughts and actions against even ones competition will only lead to a loss of energy in all areas of life and that is not what I call a worthwhile energy expenditure.

Sincerely

David Turner

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast