Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 111
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: zaxxon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    188

    Diggin and Jumpin

    I posted this in the All Mountain forum as well, but figuring yo Turner folk are so into seeing a fricken Turner in action I thought it was a good match. In anycase, been building on a local trail and we finally got it rideable from top to bottom. 11 doubles, 360 berm, and plank drop at the moment. Once we have this line completely finished will start adding off shoots. In anycase, at the end of the evening the sun was setting and it was the deepest red I have ever seen not sure the picture really gives it justice, but it was sick. The best part about this line is that its on top of a hill over looking the bay....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -----------------------
    The world's only compatible bike builder
    [SIZE=3]wrenchscience[/SIZE]

  2. #2
    Team Sanchez
    Reputation: El Chingon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4,367
    Tasty! Where is that place? BTW, Zaxxon used to be my favorite video game.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Turtle 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,145
    amazing stuff-I've never seen a bicycle laid over that far; nice.

  4. #4
    banned
    Reputation: Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,227
    Dumb, dumb, dumb.

    Dumb to build on such high profile public land.

    Dumb to post pictures that make identifying the area so easy.

    There's another "dumb" in there somewhere but I'l stop at two for now.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jncarpenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    6,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete
    There's another "dumb" in there somewhere but I'l stop at two for now.
    ...ooh, oooh, ooooh....I know, I know....it's the brain bucket one....eh?


  6. #6
    Just roll it......
    Reputation: ebxtreme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,492

    Just curious.

    Zaxxon,

    Nice pics.

    Assuming you're the builder of this trail, why would you post pics of it on the interweb for everyone to see? It's obviously not on private land unless I'm missing something. With the background shot, it wouldn't take a brain surgeon to figure it out. Landmarks basically give the location away. Anyway, after digging a nice trail and spending countless hours on it, it seems like it'd be in your interest to keep this with your primary crew vs. dropping photos on the web first thing.

    If you're not the primary builder, I'll assume a good ole fashioned ass whooping is coming your way (verbal or otherwise). As someone that builds a bit of trail, I can tell you that pic with the background would cause a sh!tstorm in our neck o' the woods since it gives away the locale. Of course, all of our pics have big trees in the background, so it's a non issue.

    Cheers,
    EB

  7. #7
    Now with flavor!!
    Reputation: kidwoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    4,988
    Quote Originally Posted by ebxtreme

    If you're not the primary builder, I'll assume a good ole fashioned ass whooping is coming your way (verbal or otherwise). As someone that builds a bit of trail, I can tell you that pic with the background would cause a sh!tstorm in our neck o' the woods since it gives away the locale. Of course, all of our pics have big trees in the background, so it's a non issue.

    Cheers,
    EB
    Check the norcal forum and look for dirty harrys.....and feel my pain.
    STRAVA: Enabling dorks everywhere to get trails shut down........ all for the sake of a race on the internet.

  8. #8
    No, that's not phonetic
    Reputation: tscheezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    14,365
    Very very nicely done pics.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

  9. #9
    banned
    Reputation: Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,227
    Quote Originally Posted by ebxtreme
    Zaxxon,

    Assuming you're the builder of this trail, why would you post pics of it on the interweb for everyone to see?
    It's one of those new-fangled reverse marketing schemes.

    http://wrenchscience.com/Company/Abo...px?stylecode=M

  10. #10
    banned
    Reputation: Jerk_Chicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    16,480
    Emo kids shouldn't bother wearing helmets anyhow. The world can afford to have more of them suffer head injuries.

  11. #11
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,291
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    Check the norcal forum and look for dirty harrys.....and feel my pain.
    well punk??? do you feel lucky????
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  12. #12
    Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    Reputation: cactuscorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    12,971
    the pics are awsome! the skills ya show on the bike are excellent. the lack of helmet is substantially more stupid than postin pics of ridin without one. the trail access thing? well if these guys are right, its gonna be a lonely winter and a helluva long summer for ya. i hope theyre wrong and ya find the good sense to wear a lid tomorrow.
    No, I'm NOT back!

  13. #13
    Hike 'n Bike Nat'l Champ
    Reputation: SportDerek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    204
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    Check the norcal forum and look for dirty harrys.....and feel my pain.

    I second your pain, Kidwoo.

  14. #14
    banned, again
    Reputation: The Chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    128
    Something smells skunky. Zachdank.

    cactuscorn, you should lecture those guys at Dirt magazine in the UK. They commonly have pictures of riders without helmets. What's odd is that many of those riders are a little more skilled than the average Homer and maybe even more skilled than the Team Sanchez people. I've heard that Rowen Sorrell actually races world cup pro downhill. So maybe cactuscorn's lecture series hasn't been heard on the world cup pro downhill race circuit. Here's your chance!

  15. #15
    Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    Reputation: cactuscorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    12,971
    opinions are like forum trolls who wont admit identity. everyone has one and they all stink. or somethin like that.
    No, I'm NOT back!

  16. #16
    banned
    Reputation: Jerk_Chicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    16,480
    Time to call in the poachers, land managers, and the dirt jumpers.

    Thanks, Zaxxon! Wrench Science at work being models for the community!

  17. #17
    011100000110111101101111
    Reputation: unfluid one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,247
    Is that Berkeley hills? Go Cal Bears!

    (going down to USC this weekend for the game)

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: zaxxon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    188
    Quote Originally Posted by ebxtreme
    Zaxxon,

    Nice pics.

    Assuming you're the builder of this trail, why would you post pics of it on the interweb for everyone to see? It's obviously not on private land unless I'm missing something. With the background shot, it wouldn't take a brain surgeon to figure it out. Landmarks basically give the location away. Anyway, after digging a nice trail and spending countless hours on it, it seems like it'd be in your interest to keep this with your primary crew vs. dropping photos on the web first thing.

    If you're not the primary builder, I'll assume a good ole fashioned ass whooping is coming your way (verbal or otherwise). As someone that builds a bit of trail, I can tell you that pic with the background would cause a sh!tstorm in our neck o' the woods since it gives away the locale. Of course, all of our pics have big trees in the background, so it's a non issue.

    Cheers,
    EB
    Ah, the good ole knockem down... First yes I'm the primary builder, second yes countless hours of building a sustainable trail. Weedwacking, clearing overgrown brush, picking up other peoples trash, cutting back burnable weeds, using thrown concrete, putting in berms so there aren't braking bumps, water bars for run off. Why is it that every person building a trail is automatically put in the catagory of building some wicked illegal wood structure. If anything, I'm cleaning up a mess left by passers by who think that its a place to dump there crap.
    -----------------------
    The world's only compatible bike builder
    [SIZE=3]wrenchscience[/SIZE]

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: zaxxon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    188
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    Time to call in the poachers, land managers, and the dirt jumpers.

    Thanks, Zaxxon! Wrench Science at work being models for the community!
    Yeah, I made a mistake by being stoked about bikes and riding. Sorry for getting some tweaked air on a little double and showing you the sunset. I apologize for my hat not being thick enough for you or not snell approved. I apologize for a trail in a beautiful scenery that is being well maintained and evironmentally friendly. Of course I apologize for letting you all in for some good old riding. I guess talking the talk is way more important than riding. I guess you can just write me off as one of those guys, who loves to ride bikes and work on trails. We all know there are way to many of those anyway. As far as Wrench Science concerned, WS didnt' work on the trail, I did and I had no intention of bringing WS into it. Although now you can be assured that I ride bikes and I'm not some poser on the phone just talking the talk or spending my days on the forums. I'm truly sorry for all the things I've done for the mountain bike community over the last 15 years. Last I'm sorry for being me, a person with dirt in there veins and a life of 2 wheels trying to make something out of nothing.
    -----------------------
    The world's only compatible bike builder
    [SIZE=3]wrenchscience[/SIZE]

  20. #20
    Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    Reputation: cactuscorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    12,971
    im sorry man. didnt mean to make ya feel un appriciated here. i just dont like seein folks get hurt. seen it too much in my time and been there myself. yeah, i mean a head injury. it sucked but i got off easy. yer post was full of stoke and the trail is teets! i for one approached this all wrong. sorry.
    No, I'm NOT back!

  21. #21
    banned
    Reputation: Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,227
    Quote Originally Posted by zaxxon
    I apologize for a trail in a beautiful scenery that is being well maintained and evironmentally friendly.
    Such arrogance coupled with such cluelessness. I would expect it from the groms but not from a supposed adult.

    Why are you so special that you get to build trail on sensitive public land?

    Way to represent!

  22. #22
    jrm
    jrm is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jrm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,218

    You improved a watershed...

    on held land....

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: zaxxon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    188

    pubic land?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete
    Such arrogance coupled with such cluelessness. I would expect it from the groms but not from a supposed adult.

    Why are you so special that you get to build trail on sensitive public land?

    Way to represent!
    When did I say it was public land and are you an environmental soil scientist to decide on the sensitivity? What if its private land that I have the ok from the landowner to build on? Huh, never thought about that one did you? Yes, people do ask to build trails. Once again throwing me to the wolves from pure speculation. I can see you would be a good riding buddy, I can clearly see your angst and anger, but throwing out straws on a few pictures is hardly worth it. Keep in mind the big picture here. Riding bikes and working on trails is not illegal and throwing it around so loosely isn't helping us. Part of the problem with trail closure is a poorly designed, highly illegal trail. I'm not doing either one, so if you want to pick up on one of the other comments about not wearing a helmet, you got me, but otherwise your points and comments are useless.
    -----------------------
    The world's only compatible bike builder
    [SIZE=3]wrenchscience[/SIZE]

  24. #24
    banned
    Reputation: Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,227
    Quote Originally Posted by zaxxon
    When did I say it was public land and are you an environmental soil scientist to decide on the sensitivity? What if its private land that I have the ok from the landowner to build on? Huh, never thought about that one did you?
    Of course I did.

    Unfortunately for you the pictures you posted clearly show that you built in (insert park name here).

    It's sensitive due to the never ending access issues that riders face on those lands.

    Your lame attempt at a snow job is really weak.

  25. #25
    Just roll it......
    Reputation: ebxtreme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,492
    Quote Originally Posted by zaxxon
    Ah, the good ole knockem down... First yes I'm the primary builder, second yes countless hours of building a sustainable trail. Weedwacking, clearing overgrown brush, picking up other peoples trash, cutting back burnable weeds, using thrown concrete, putting in berms so there aren't braking bumps, water bars for run off. Why is it that every person building a trail is automatically put in the catagory of building some wicked illegal wood structure. If anything, I'm cleaning up a mess left by passers by who think that its a place to dump there crap.
    Zaxxon,

    The pics are rad. The scenery as well as the riding. I wasn't trying to rain on your parade and I'm not trying to say "don't post pics" or be stoked about your spot. The pics themselves are f'ing awesome. Also, personally, I don't care who you work with....you don't seem like you're trying to represent anyone here other than yourself and help fuel the stoke.

    I'm just saying I build trail as well and I'm not throwing any pics up that would give away the location of them which is what that one pic essentially did.......at the very least, it gave the general area away. You mentioned 11 doubles, berms, etc. and I KNOW how many manhours that takes to build.....moving dirt is a lot of thankless f'ing work. As a result, I was saying that posting the pic that might give it away (i.e. help with the destruction of your cool trail) might not be the best idea. If it's your trail and you put all the time in to flag it, clear it and dig it, then that's your call and you can do whatever you want My comment about "if it isn't your trail" is totally moot then.

    I'll be digging with FM and other buddies on a ride tonight, so I know what goes into the process. I guess I was more curious why so many of the gnar-cal folks are anxious to throw up revealing vids and images of their 'secret' trails and then piss and moan when said trails either get shutdown or bulldozed. Just a curious observation.

    Cheers,
    EBX

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •