Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

DHRValanche

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  a250gpguy 
#1 ·
So I finally got the my Shock upgrade for my DHR.
After switching from the Highline I had the my Chubby converted into a Woody... Yes I'm talking about my shock.

As you might guess, I got that badboy locked and loaded right away.

And happily hit the road to the local lifts on a bright sunny day.

Nature might have had different plans though, it came down so hard people were pulling over:

But a quick txt to my brah on the hill, said it was all good on his end, sure enough the sun came back out midway there.
Yeeeahh Boyyyeeee!

I Gotta say, I seem to come across a lot of DHR's at Mountain Creek. Very popular bike. Considering there's rarely more than 10 ppl standing around at the base, it's cool that I usually spot 2-3 others every trip. and not the same people. Other than the rentals I don't see more than 2 or 3 of any other brand at one time either.

Man, after swapping out the Fox, the Avalanche front and rear made this bike superb! The trails were so fast, we never bothered to stop and take pix... well maybe we did once.

I've been looking at this feature on "Ninety Nine" for the last couple of visits. I really wanted to hit it. Not really ready, still learning my DHR, and now with a new shock learning some more. The others were happy to scope the feature as well, for a future attempt.

I've been thinking about it for a while and even though I wasn't really ready I just had to try it or hate myself on the drive home later. So with insufficient speed and commitment,

Did I make it? Did I crash? Did I?
I didn't crash... but let's just say my nickname for the day was 50-Cent.
I'll be needing a new bash guard.

I had a monster fun day, got to meet and ride with a bunch of great fellas.

And I got to ride a superb bike, and can't wait till I get the same synergy with it I developed with my RFX, then the Highline. It'll take time but I see it coming. And I'm getting better at the same time.

Blue Green Yellow Colorfulness Text

See less See more
#4 ·
The Woody is very nice. I had the RC2 so my comparison will not be quite the same.
Far less spiky makes the back end much faster on chatter. Nice control and smoothness on drops. Pedals very well.
Craig really knows his dampers. I also have an Avy damper in my 888 chassis up front.
Best bet is to Call Avalanche, talk to them about what you can expect from the Mod.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.