MCF
    mtbr member

Demo Program at Competitive Cyclist....

Anyone use the Demo Program from Competitive Cyclist? For $200 they send you a complete bike you can demo for 7 days. Price includes shipping and handling. If you end up buying a new bike or frame from them, they apply $100 of the $200 to purchase price. Sounds like a good deal to me. Considering a Turner Flux. Any thoughts on the program??

rr
    I don't do PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MCF
    Anyone use the Demo Program from Competitive Cyclist? For $200 they send you a complete bike you can demo for 7 days. Price includes shipping and handling. If you end up buying a new bike or frame from them, they apply $100 of the $200 to purchase price. Sounds like a good deal to me. Considering a Turner Flux. Any thoughts on the program??
    I guess $100 for shipping both ways is fair, I still don't like the idea of paying to demo a bike though, but you do get to actually ride it for 7 days so thats a good thing. Are they sending you a dedicated "demo" or are they shipping you the bike you might buy? If they are sending you a bike you might keep then I think they should apply the entire $200 to the purchase price.

MCF
    mtbr member

Dedicated Demo...

I believe it is a dedicated Demo...I am not expecting it to be in perfect condition if I decide to do it, but 7 days will let me actually ride the bike on my trails and see if it solves the things I don't like about my Blur - too small and pedal smack. Now I just learned that in 2006 Turner is going to have a new suspension design...no more horst link....what now?

rr
    I don't do PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MCF
    I believe it is a dedicated Demo...I am not expecting it to be in perfect condition if I decide to do it, but 7 days will let me actually ride the bike on my trails and see if it solves the things I don't like about my Blur - too small and pedal smack. Now I just learned that in 2006 Turner is going to have a new suspension design...no more horst link....what now?
    I don't think you need to worry about the new design thing, checkout some of the threads here. I'm assuming you don't have a local Turner dealer that would let you test ride one, or someone locally to let you ride one, sounds like a good deal if thats the case.

My cup runneth over
    That's a pretty good deal. Most high end bike shops will let you demo for one day for $100, so $200 with shipping for seven days sounds pretty good and gives you time to play around with the config. I would want to know the components first though. If it was speced completely differently than what I would want (from reviews/experience) or could get, I would probably pass. No local dealers nearby?

MCF
    mtbr member

I live in Houston....

and the closest dealer is in Austin...they will allow a test ride, but only for an hour or so. The spec is listed on the website and is very good..Avid Juicy 7's, XT cranks, X9/XO drivetrain, Thompson seatpost......actually, the list is almost exaclty what I would be taking off my Blur and putting on the Flux.....

My cup runneth over
    Heck, since you've got seven days, build the demo frame with your Blur spec and then you will really know.

MCF
    mtbr member

YEah.....

the bike comes pretty much pre-assembled...I have three stems so I might swap them out to see how it affects ride position. I would think that a 110mm stem on an XL Flux would be about the right length. I have a 110 x 7, 120x10 and a 130x10. The 120 and 130 were an attempt to stretch out the Blur with nothing but making me feel like I was going to Endo over every little drop....the 110 has solved that and made the cockpit even smaller...