mtbr member

New question here. Demo Pointers Please?

Upon test riding a Turner, what key factors should I pay attention to when chosing the correct size? I am heading out today to try a medium 5 spot (I'm 5'10" @150#) and I want to make sure I know what's up before buying. Since I ride the line on fitting a med or large what is the most important aspect to be aware of? Standover? Eff. top tube? s/t length? Help...

-Nimai
    It's all cycle-logical to me.

Bite Me.
    TT length is the first issue for me. If possible, demo various stem lengths to get the proper feel for your intended riding. ST length is a non-issue since you'll be varying your seat height a lot anyway. Rule of thumb is to go smaller if you straddle sizes, but fit is too personal an issue to be bound be generalities.
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

mtbr member

Medium

I'm the same size as you and I ride a medium Spot. I have shorter legs and a longer torso and use a 100x10 stem. This makes for a fairly compact cockpit but that feels best for me. If you can try a large too that might help.

C

Now with flavor!!
    In general for demos:

Pound the living crap out of it and see what does or doesn't break.

The biggest thing is making sure the suspension is setup appropriately for you. You can't make a worthwhile decision about a bike if it's not working as it's designed to.
    STRAVA: Enabling dorks everywhere to get trails shut down........ all for the sake of a race on the internet.

mtbr member
    You're taller than me and my medium Spot was too small, I was never so happy as when I got on a large. It doesn't make sense to me to have a seatpost cranked up in the air if you're riding a trail bike. I can see the high assed/stretched out position on a xc race bike but not a trail bike. However, it's like cutthroat said, it's a personal choice. you have to be careful when you're riding a 5-Spot, both the medium and large will feel great.
    turtle