... I guess you won't be

Dee Troit Downtown Hucking

Detroit is a weird pshycotic-schitzoid city, but they are starting to build some interesting structures on which to ride on and jump off off....from an urban design standpoint, they are obliviously making a freeride playground...! Here's a segment of a drop from a elevated planter in front of the Compuware Headquarters, before "the Man" ran us out....cheers!

I'm really diggin' all the man-made stuff downtown....anyone else ride on their local civic architectural gems?
    Yes, we do indeed rock...http://www.myspace.com/spokedrunkies

Nothing here
    I love riding the lakefront in Chicago. Lots of cool drops and you can look at the hot chicks running down the path.

... I guess you won't be
    I've only ridden the lakeshore once before, and you are correct - the eyecandy is vastly superior! I really like riding down the stairs for the road underpasses, and there's the breakwater wall, and aquarium concrete structures, etc....it's a great playground, fo'sho!

Negative Rep Points!!!!
    Ann Arbor's got some fun stuff too, mate!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    What the EFF is "All MOUNTAIN"???

Team Sanchez
    Hey Joker, great pix. Just a little tip: drop your seat, and this will allow you to soak up the landing with you legs better, lessening the impact.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I too ride in Chicago. The lakefront is one of those places where you feel a bit guilty because you know your Turner can go so much faster, but you slow it down to enjoy the scenery.

Negative Rep Points!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chingon
    Hey Joker, great pix. Just a little tip: drop your seat, and this will allow you to soak up the landing with you legs better, lessening the impact.
    Not only that, but if he were to get a Gravity Crutcher, it would make him even more gnarlier.

Why won't these people get a friggin' clue?
    What the EFF is "All MOUNTAIN"???

notabouttoseeyourlight
    This is one thing I'll never understand the appeal of... riding full suspension bikes off of concrete leges on flat ground... color me confused but uhhhhhhhhhhhhh...
    cycle tracks will abound in utopia.

Team Sanchez
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic
    Not only that, but if he were to get a Gravity Crutcher, it would make him even more gnarlier.

Why won't these people get a friggin' clue?
    Oh Cockwa, ripping on the GD is soooo last month. How about some fresh material.

... I guess you won't be
    that's an awesome pic steve, those stairs are something else, eh? We've actually commandeered the stairs on the other side, kinda a corkscrew effect, which dumps you off right at Casey's bar! then it's all over with for the night....

Let us know when you are in the drop zone this summer!

And, come to think of it, I should have lowered my seat a bit, but I couldn't be bothered at that point...! ha!

Flacko
    Mar 2006
    d-town urban assault....f-ing A . i'm from that neck of the woods.
    good on ya mate. but el c is right about the seat height though....save yer boys....someone will want them!
    ps. 24 hrs of boyne. is there any green beer with that?

CHOP!

Chi-city rampage

Fellas,

Noticed a few of y'all are enjoying the Chicago lakefront. Good times for sure. If anyone is interested in some real Chicago urban sessions you may want to check out CHICAGOFREERIDE.COM . It's a motley collective of guys who love to ride and watch things bounce on the lake front (I ain't talking about suspension either ). As a fellow 5-spot owner I can tell you that anyone is welcome any time on any bike. However, a speed demon hardtail is my personal weapon of choice. Great riding in the city of wind and the lakefront is just the tip of the iceberg.

-Pound the Pavement-