mtbr member

Darn Winter !! And My 40th Bday

Let me tell you, this winter weather is enough to get a guy down. I even had to search arounfd until I could find my long sleeve jersey...the one I own.

Photobucket

As I mentioned, it wass my 40th last Friday so on thursday the kids made me a party

Photobucket

And my wifey gave the day off so i went on a 4 hour ride with my brother and best friend. There are some great trails right in the center of Jerusalem. (Yar Yerushalayim, Har Aminadav, yar Kennedy, etc)

Nice views, nice flowy trails, green, and a few nice techy parts...in short sleeves in January

Photobucket

Photobucket

Little scary the first time then loooots of fun. Has a very short stop zone at the bottom with a big drop off if you fail
    Photobucket
    Photobucket

My bro on his Spot
    Photobucket

Ein Kerem
    Photobucket

Aminadav
    Photobucket

Yeah...a good day...and then my wife took me out for Italian.

ps- I am still accepting presents.

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    happy b-day buddy! now please remove all pics of you havin fun on the bike durrin winter. that roller coaster does look mighty cool.
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    happy birthday! you have a beautiful family! when can you come to kibbutz mismar haemek in the north for some nice and flowy not too difficult single track?

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    happy b'day! now that looks like fun!

mtbr member
    The weather there looks better than what I have to ride in. MUD, MUD, and more mud here lately. My local trails are takin a beatin. Nice pics btw.
    Too wet to ride!

Kiwi that Flew
    Good Skills!!
    Hope I'm riding as good as you when I'm forty......(in 5 weeks - better start riding my bike)

mtbr member
    Starre-

You are a bit far north for me considering what we have here in our back yard. However, if you have some pretty juicy, sweet, long, fast singles with some techy parts, then you may have a date.

How long would it take us to get to you, or your trail head, from Beit Shemesh by car?

mtbr member
    i know 3 great singles at mishmar haemek that take an hour and a half to do. nice and flowy. it is about 90min drive from beit shemesh (north on kvish 6 to the end, then right through wadi ara and finally left at tzomet megiddo). there are a lot more difficult singles for you guys if you want - but i'll stick to the easier stuff as i am still a "yoram".
    Attached Images Attached Images