mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Czar and pivot stiction

I've been doing some winter maintenance on my Czar, had shock custom tuned (excited to see how this works out). But cycling the pivots I've noticed they are really pretty sticky, much more so than on my old tnt Flux. I think the whole issue of stiction on Turner pivots is overplayed, but this has me scratching my head a bit. No lack of grease, but maybe thinking bolts are torqued up too much (haven't changed them since I received them)?? But is this even possible? Anybody noticed anything similar?

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    The torque should not affect the action of the pivots as the pivot shafts should be just a wee bit longer than the bushings are wide so that bolt torque will be achieved without the linkage faces binding on the bushing faces. In the case of radial tightness, we try to ship them a bit on the tight side so that they break in and not wear out too fast. If your pivots shafts are the correct length for your bushing faces, then this issue could be radially tightness. Figure out which pivot is too tight and then drop us a line and we can get you the parts you need and a quick tutorial on replacing/dialing it in.

DT

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Thanks Dave. I'll try to figure out which pivot might be the problem.