mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Customer Service????

So I broke the Seat Tube right at the bottom weld on my Flux with only like 10 days to go on the warranty. You'd think that Turner would take care of things as you always hear about their great customer service, particularly on this homer forum, but it's been nearly a week and half later and my broken bike is sitting in the basement waiting for the next step. Just venting, but I'm really frustrated sitting here during prime season with one broken uber expensive ride.

not so super...
    Place a call and send an email.... Then be patient. Good things come to those that wait.

Yea, not ideal when it's prime riding season but it's also prime time for Turner to be getting ready for the new model year. Hope you get resolution soon.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Still nothing.....don't break your Turner

Slap happy crappiness
    So you called and they what? Or you emailed? I know at least one of the guys at Turner was at the World Cup races a week or two back. I'd call again, they've always helped me out when in need.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

roots, rocks, rhythm
    This is the busy time for them and they are a small company.
    I would call!
    If you e-mail the response is a bit slower.

Turner will take care of you!!!!

Never enough time to ride
    Sounds like the boys over at Turner Headquarters are just getting back from varios press camps and such. I would give them another call and see what's cookin.

happy trails...

squish
    Get out and ride!

mtbr member
    E- Mail Spam Filter?

I'm working out an issue with a product I bought through the Turner website store and have had fast replys during normal hours.

I hope you can resolve your break ASAP!

mtbr member
    Calimtbr... I talked to Greg and he needs more info on who you are and where the bike is at. Can you please contact Greg@turnerbikes.com. I wonder if your message is being picked up by a Spam filter, maybe try a different email account when sending..

Thanks
    Jarett

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Finally it's all taken care of but it took two weeks just to get the bikes in the mail. This means 3 weeks without my ride. Not that impressive....and yes I was calling and sending emails. Nothing was happening until LJ from sales stepped in and then things began to move.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    3 weeks is not that bad, I had a gary fisher frame break and it took 3 months to get
    another frame. needless to say, I sold the new frame and had moved on at that
    point.

roots, rocks, rhythm
    I agree with Mitch.
    3 weeks is pretty good I think.
    It took me 4 months to get back a frame from Trek a number of years and that happened twice.
    Second time this happened I got smart and I got another frame )not from Trek) before I lost my ride.

Just my 0.02 cents

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    check the giant forum on the "Official I broke my lower link thread" then you'll realize 3 weeks is pretty good. These guys have been waiting 6 months I broke mine and they sent a new frame to vnezuela in a month...ppretty good by my standards.

Bikes are good

Go buy a cheaper assembly line bike then.

In the 3 weeks you waited, and thousands of dollars you spent, you could have bought 3 crap bikes and broken two of them and still have a bike to ride. Seems like you should go that route .I've broken two front triangles, and a rear, and have been on a new frame within the week. Quit hatin playa.
    "Having lack of self-preservation makes biking more fun."

The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliMTBR View Post
    Finally it's all taken care of but it took two weeks just to get the bikes in the mail. This means 3 weeks without my ride. Not that impressive....and yes I was calling and sending emails. Nothing was happening until LJ from sales stepped in and then things began to move.
    You may want to pick up a second bike for those warranty periods where you wait 3 weeks. If you had owned a Trek, or Gary Fisher it would have been 3 months.....consider yourself lucky.

The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
    Quote Originally Posted by trailznm View Post
    Holy crap! Not only are you guaranteeing "issues", but now he has to buy a second bike...just in case?

I can't remember a time pre _dw that Homer had to give this sort of advice...

Seriously? So, should he also get a back up for the other bikes....or, maybe he should consider a back up for his back up!
    I'm not Homer.....I ride a Ventana but will some day own a Flux.

What I was saying is he may want to have a second bike so he can give a company more then a couple of days to get back to him. But in normal shortsighted fashion people come on here to whinnnnnne about not getting an immediate call or e-mail.....seriously does the world rotate around people like you.

I say to the OP......they might have other important things to take care of and logged your call..........and you were taken care in the order of which you called. Again three weeks is not a long time to wait for warranty......try three months for Trek and Gary Fisher.

Last edited by mtnbiker4life; 07-31-2011 at 05:25 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    cali
    Last edited by trlrdr; 07-31-2011 at 09:09 PM.
    trlridr

Yes, that's fonetic
    Quote Originally Posted by trlrdr View Post
    call and ask for sales then explain your sit. and ask to speak with Greg or David .dont worry they will take care of you .
    Uhh, did you read the thread? It was taken care of 4 days ago.

mtbr member
    I tragically broke my chain stay on the uberclassic and much loved HL 5 Spot.
    Greg responded quickly to email and got me a new TNT rear triangle (actually half a quadrilateral but ya know what I mean).
    This came pronto and allowed me to rebuild the bike and onsell a still good product to someone who wanted to get on a Turner at reasonable cost.
    I got a 2011 DW 5 Spot.
    All this from New Zealand - it took a bit longer than 3 weeks but its damn good service. Yes I had another bike to ride so I am not as frustrated as the OP - my good fortune.

3 weeks - count yourself lucky. Enjoy the rebuilt ride

mtbr member
    May 2004
    One should always have to working bikes, in case one breaks down you will not be out of a ride.
    One trail, one dh, one road, one commute. That way I can ride, always.
    ----------------------------------------
    Jorgen
    Trondheim, Norway
    Spec Stumpy Comp FSR 29er
    Turner DHR 2005, drilled

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Another vote for Turner.

I had an issue with my DW Spot frame I bought second hand (was/is still under warranty) and it was resolved in a couple of weeks' time. Mind you, I'm in the UK and was dealing directly with Turner in the US. It was around 4 months ago.

I think it's just a bit of a high season now. The good bit is that you've been taken care of, and it took much less than with mass made bikes.